These are exciting times for CGI, and we have a growing need for our desktop teams! We are looking for the best talent to provide innovative solutions to our customers' complex technical problems. The successful candidate will join a dynamic team using a well-established collaborative team management approach. You'll have the opportunity to work with experienced colleagues! We offer an innovative working environment using the latest office technologies such as Windows 10, Office 365, OneDrive and SharePoint Online. Will you be the next to join the CGI family this fall?
The member will be responsible for the implementation and technical support of desktop equipment for our client. Our member will act as a Desktop Technician, providing support, maintenance and troubleshooting on computers, peripherals, and software according to established employee guidelines.
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees "members" because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.
Your future duties and responsibilities
- Maintaining contact with employees for incidents.
- Install, diagnose, repair, maintain and upgrade workstations.
- The individual will also be called upon to resolve problems within short deadlines.
- Provide exemplary end-user support.
- Imaging workstations for new deployments.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
- Windows 10, Office 365 Suites
- iPad and iPhone devices
- Knowledge of network principles
- Provide technical support, configure, and install computers in multiple versions of Windows
- Resolve technical issues with IT equipment, including printers, servers, network, mobile devices, and conference room equipment
- Independently resolving the majority of office-related issues with minimal supervision; assigning unresolved issues to an employee at a senior level
- Provide technical support and maintenance for office applications
- Create, update, resolve and escalate ticketing system support requests (knowledge of ServiceNow is an asset)
- Document, follow up and monitor the problem for resolution as quickly as possible
- Provide feedback to internal and external technical support teams
- Create and maintain clear documentation on various technical support procedures
- Corporate desktop support experience
Human and interpersonal skills:
- Customer service oriented (first priority)
- Autonomous, able to work independently
- Must be able to meet deadlines for deliverables
- Team player
Experience and Education
- 2 years' experience as a Desktop Technician
- DEC or relevant computer training
- CompTIA A+ certification (asset)
- French and English (spoken and written)
Occasional travel may be required for the role; owning a car is a great asset.