Customer & Technical Support Representative
Requisition ID: 1108
Smart Start Canada - Sherwood Park, AB (In office position)
Who are we?
Smart Start is the nation’s premier provider of services and technologies relating to. We are Alcohol Monitoring Technology® with Ignition Interlocks Smart Start Canada supports its clients and monitoring authorities through a centralized, state-of-the-art, 24/7/365, bilingual Customer Care Center located in Sherwood Park. Smart Start’s Ignition Interlocks have recorded over a billion alcohol-free starts and have prevented 11 million engine starts where alcohol was present on the driver’s breath. As an alternative to incarceration and license suspension, our Ignition Interlocks are saving lives. Smart Start is the only company offering fully integrated breath alcohol Ignition Interlock and portable alcohol monitoring device services, which include manufacturing, installation, service, monitoring, and reporting
Wage: Will discuss upon interview
Shift: Mon-Friday 9:00-5:30 |OR Thurs-Mon 10:00-6:30
Imagine working in a fast-paced environment where you help clients over the phone. Technical Support Representative (CCR) is responsible for:
- Take a consultative approach with customers who are experiencing problems with their service by owning the issue and resolution. Communicate with customers through inbound calls and field queries on billing, existing, and new services.
- Identify customer needs through active listening to answer questions, assist with troubleshooting & make product recommendations based on the customer's need.
- Use multiple computer systems to research products, services, common problems, and solutions offered
- Document customer needs, interactions, and outcomes in the appropriate tool or system, including additional request creation if issues cannot be resolved in real-time
- Creating a “WOW” factor in every interaction through exceptional communication skills, taking ownership of the interaction, and speed of service
- May be required to work in one or multiple queues/skill sets over various customer contact channels.
- Regular 1:1 coaching session with your supervisor to ensure you meet key performance indicators
- Log all calls for statistical purposes.
Technical Support Responsibilities:
- Identifying hardware and software solutions.
- Troubleshooting technical issues.
- Diagnosing and repairing faults.
- Resolving network issues.
- Installing and configuring hardware and software.
- Speaking to customers to quickly get to the root of their problem.
Competencies & Skill Requirements:
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check
- Minimum of 1-year experience in tech support, desktop support, or a similar role.
- Proficiency in Windows, Microsoft Office
- Experience with remote desktop applications and help desk software. JIRA & Remote session.
- Attention to detail and good problem-solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Good written and verbal communication.
- Sales/Customer service experience is an asset.
- Strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to grasp basic technical concepts and explain them in simple terms.
- Ability to multi-task and shift priorities when necessary.
- Available to work on weekends and evenings.
- Handles complex inquiries independently, utilizing strong listening and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrates advanced customer service skills daily.
- Exemplary attendance and punctuality
- Assume ownership of the position and accountability for information relayed to customers.
- Must be effective and efficient in working in a team environment.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
Work Location: In person