Job Type: In Person. Come work for us in beautiful North Vancouver!
Vizzion provides road camera data and services to brand names such as Microsoft, IBM and iHeartMedia. Our imagery is used by millions of users every week, saving them time, money and frustration, while also helping the environment by reducing vehicle emissions. We’re looking for a passionate and motivated software engineer to work on a variety of internal projects including image analytics, web services, Windows apps, websites, and web apps.
As a successful candidate, you will play a key role in design/code/test, improving processes, and integrating new tools and technologies. The position is a unique opportunity to observe and participate in every aspect of a small software engineering business and is limited only by your own ability to learn and grow.
Our dynamic team enjoys flexible hours, extended health/dental, education reimbursement, comprehensive quarterly reviews, rapid professional development, and results-based rewards.
- Bachelors in Computer Science (final year undergraduates considered)
- Good knowledge of OOP, Agile methodologies, version control
- Excellent communicator fluent in spoken and written English
- Strong analytical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Detail-oriented with a drive for quality and accuracy
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable in a fast-paced environment
- Proven collaboration skills and passion for work in a team environment
- Demonstrates a continuous improvement mindset and stays connected to industry developments and emerging trends
- Able to learn quickly and effectively apply new knowledge
- Committed to providing outstanding customer service and partnering with our clients to create innovative solutions
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Visual Studio
- Mobile app development
- Camera technology
- Streaming video technology
- Image processing/analysis
- Cloud services
- Flexible work hours
- Up to 13 weeks off per year
- Free health, dental, and optical plans available
- Professional development funding for continuing education
- 4 hours per week of in-office paid professional development time
The position is a unique opportunity to observe and participate in every aspect of a small business, and is limited only by your own ability to learn and grow.
Candidates should be comfortable commuting to North Vancouver, BC.
Interested candidates should visit our website: http://vizzion.com/careers.html
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $25.00-$50.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
Ability to commute/relocate:
- NORTH VANCOUVER, BC: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Bachelor's Degree (required)
Work Location: In person