The Business Coordinator reports to the Senior Vice President but works closely with the President and Director of Sales to ensure an efficient operation of Epic’s corporate head office and effectively support the executive and remote teams in key areas of the business including human resources, accounting, and IT.
- Assist the executive team with coordinating and booking meetings with internal staff and external contacts and clients. Efficiently manage executive schedules as required.
- Organize meeting agendas and logistics, attend required meetings, take and distribute meeting minutes, and follow up on action items with the team.
- Complete monthly executive expenses including completing the expense sheet by the cut off deadline, tracking payments and follow up with accounts payable as required.
- Draft, review and send communications on behalf of the executive team, when required.
Human Resources Support
- Assist the executive team with various recruiting initiatives, including posting vacant jobs on selected online services and Epic’s website, coordinating with recruiters, conducting initial resume screening, setting up interviews, implementing assessments with candidates, etc.
- Facilitate new offer letters for successful candidates, attain employment and contractor agreements from our remote team. Ensure final documents are filed electronically on SharePoint and that the new team member is added to BambooHR.
- Create process, document, update as necessary, and execute staff onboarding and offboarding programs as required.
- Assist with benefits administration by collaborating with the benefits provider and remote team.
Office Administration Support
- Ensure the smooth operation of Epic’s corporate office including answering the phone, coordinating the ordering of office supplies, organizing any required maintenance, etc.
- Order, coordinate, and set-up staff technology including computers and related devices, access to email, Internet, required software, and SharePoint coordinating with our IT vendor.
Office Administration Support Continued
- Be the SharePoint lead for Epic, including ensuring all documents are properly filed on the drive using the approved naming and directory structure convention. Complete weekly SharePoint audits and ensure the team is using SharePoint per the approved program.
- Support IT requests and problem solving for team members when necessary.
- Create, document, and maintain key head office administrative processes, training and rollout of these processes to staff.
- Plan and coordinate corporate events, client / project gifts, staff celebrations, etc.
- Coordinate with the conveyancing and accounting teams to ensure the correct handling of bank deposits.
- Assist with the organization, coordination and documentation of sales training initiatives and programs.
- Assist with project launches, as required, including logistics, meeting set up, miscellaneous administration, helping with contract administration, etc.
- Assist with drafting, executing, and coordinating with Epic’s internal and remote teams for Sales and Service Agreements, Project Parameters, Listing Agreement Addendums and any other sales team related documentation.
- Manage internal and external Realtor commission payments including auditing invoices and following up on payments with Epic’s remote team and developer clients.
- Assist, when necessary, with project closings and/or supporting the marketing team.
Desired Skills and Experience
- A detail-oriented individual with prior experience in administration and/or executive support.
- Ability to effectively prioritize tasks and work independently.
- A team player capable of cultivating positive and productive working relationships across the organization and remotely with the shared resource team in Surrey.
- A proactive self-starter that is eager to tackle new projects and ideas with a can-do attitude.
- Comfortable interacting with executives and clients.
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment.
Great to Have
- Real estate brokerage or legal assistance experience is not required but would be an asset.
Why it’s So Great to Work for Epic Real Estate Solutions
Epic Real Estate Solutions offers individuals an exceptional opportunity to be part of a growing company that’s setting a new standard of excellence for new home sales and marketing in the Okanagan.
In addition to competitive compensation, we offer:
- An opportunity for growth and development
- Regular training sessions and access to mentorship from some of the most experienced professionals in the industry
- An opportunity to work on an exciting variety of projects across the Okanagan Valley
- A collaborative and fun working environment
Job Type: Full-time
Flexible Language Requirement:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Kelowna, BC V1Y 2E1: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Secondary School (preferred)
Work Location: In person