CPA Alberta is the professional regulatory organization representing Alberta’s approximately 30,000 Chartered Professional Accountants (CPAs). Alberta’s CPA’s are among the more than 200,000 Canadian CPAs who provide financial and management expertise across the country and around the world, at every level and in every sector. CPA Alberta’s legislated mandate is to protect the interest of the public, protect the integrity of the profession, promote and increase the competence of Alberta CPAs, and regulate the conduct of Alberta CPAs.
CPA Alberta has offices in Edmonton and Calgary and provides hybrid Telecommuting opportunities (working from home a maximum of 3 days a week).
Further information can be found on our website: www.cpaalberta.ca/About-Us/Careers-at-CPA-Alberta.
CPA Alberta is proud of its recent achievement in being named one of Alberta’s Top 75 Employers for 2023.
If you are a self-driven, result-oriented individual with a passion for building and maintaining meaningful professional relationships, we encourage you to apply for the position of Professional Development Associate, Corporate Learning. Join us in our mission to create valuable partnerships and enhance the growth of our organization and its clients.
The Professional Development Associate, Corporate Learning supports the advancement, execution, and implementation of initiatives that assist Alberta businesses and their staff with learning and training opportunities. As a representative of CPA Alberta in the business community and as a liaison between the profession and employers, they raise awareness of the benefits of CPA Alberta’s customized training programs and PD savings packages, amongst other opportunities.
The PD Associate will play a crucial role in fostering positive professional relationships with external stakeholders, generating ideas for marketing, coordinating projects, and providing customer experience support.
- Regularly engage with clients and partners to ensure strong, long-lasting business relationships.
- Assist in the administration and set up of new business contacts and potential clients to enhance our network.
- Promote CPA corporate learning programs and provide relevant information to companies and CPA contacts to meet CPA Alberta engagement goals.
- Provide exceptional customer support and assistance to learners and other stakeholders, addressing inquiries and resolving issues promptly.
- Project manages tasks, develops content, and liaises with colleagues (e.g., graphic designer, web team, etc.) as needed to execute corporate-focused initiatives and materials such as brochures, emails, social media, and information guides.
- Collaborate with the marketing team to provide valuable input and ideas to create promotional content.
- Coordinate in-person venue logistics, such as room and catering bookings and vendor selection; includes the on-site execution for professional development learning and events as required.
- Coordinate virtual and in person learning procedures, performing necessary support duties, which may include developing speaker/instructor contracts, coordinating participant materials, coding invoices, packing materials for events, and managing registration systems.
- Other duties as required.
- Post-secondary Degree/Diploma in a related discipline such as Communications or Business is an asset.
- Three to five years of related experience.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to understand and grasp new concepts quickly, as well as creative problem resolution skills.
- Strong customer service orientation with the ability to build good working relationships with different stakeholders, particularly those with diverse perspectives.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and relationship management skills.
- Proficient in professional writing, editing, and proofreading.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Experience working with LMS systems.
- Intermediate level of proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Familiarity with the CPA profession and its membership would be an asset.
- Exceptional organizational, planning, and implementation skills.
- Values & Ethics
- Teamwork & Adaptability
- Organizational Awareness
- Attention to Detail
- Planning & Organizing
- Problem Solving
- Service Orientation
Fast paced work environment.
Travel during peak periods, including overnight travel, required.
Some overtime on weekdays required.
Location: Edmonton or Calgary Office
The successful candidate will be required to confirm vaccinations in relation to COVID-19 as a condition of employment, subject to human rights exemptions.
In its commitment to an equitable, diverse, and inclusive workforce, CPA Alberta welcomes applications from all qualified persons. We encourage members of equity groups (women, Black, Indigenous peoples, visible minorities, persons with disabilities, and LGBTQ+); and all those who may contribute to the further diversification of the organization to apply.
Please notify us if you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process.
CPA Alberta thanks all applicants for their interest and advises that we will contact only those selected for an interview.