JUNIOR FITNESS SALES CONSULTANT
Status: Full Time
Reporting To: General Manager
Hours of Work: Varying shifts, evening and weekend availability
Location: HER GYMVMT Canyon Meadows- Calgary, AB
AYRFIT operates fitness facilities across Alberta through GYMVMT, and HER GYMVMT. Together, we are inspiring a new movement by innovating and re-energizing the fitness experience. With locations in Calgary and Edmonton, our team has been motivating Albertans to live a healthy and active lifestyle for over 35 years.
As part of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to make a real difference in people’s lives every day. At the same time, you’ll be part of a passionate group of fitness leaders who know what it takes to succeed and continue to shape the future of the fitness industry.
We want YOU to bring your expertise to our growing team. If you are a natural leader with initiative, have a positive demeanor and a winning attitude, and most importantly, want to make a difference in fitness, we want to hear from you!
The Fitness Consultant is responsible for providing a positive experience and excellent customers service to members and guests. This role is responsible for turning prospective guests into members while ensuring they are properly integrated into the fitness clubs.
The Fitness Consultant promotes the Her GYMVMT/GYMVMT brand according to the demands of the members and guests, industry trends, and financial aims and objectives of the service.
Sales and Promotions
- Prospects for new clients and conducts effective club tours determining the prospective member’s needs and wants.
- Provides consultations to potential and first-time guests.
- Consistently contacts all potential leads through phone calls, emails, and texts, using the company CRM system to generate new guests.
- Generates referral leads from new guest enrolments by providing outstanding customer service.
- Tactfully handle guest objections inspiring them to commit to their health and fitness.
- Becomes adept with all club operations and sales system practices.
- Promotes and schedules Group Fitness, Personal Training, and internal promotions.
- Executes internal and external promotional/marketing ideas.
- Actively participates in all organizational mandated meetings/events contributing towards achieving organizational goals.
- Consistently achieves or surpasses personal and club sales goals.
- Attends company outreach events.
- Monitors the Reception Desk and greets and acknowledges everyone who enters the facility aligning with established protocols.
- Provides personalized and professional customer service in person and on the phone as per operational policies and procedures.
- Performs high risk interactions encouraging members to use the facilities and services.
- Builds relationship with members and provides exceptional service.
- Registers all prospective members upon arrival.
- Educates members on all guest policies such as drop-ins, guest fees, etc.
- Controls access into the club based on member account status.
- Responds to general guest inquiries about fitness and the facilities.
- Responds to member service inquiries such as accounts and billing issues in a timely manner and ensures all inquiries are referred to the appropriate department.
- Contributes to positive membership and guest experience by providing warm farewell as they exit the club.
- Maintains ethical representation of the company, leading by example while contributing to a positive team environment.
- Stays abreast of all club and organizational policies, promotions, procedures, and protocols including but not limited to SharePoint, communication binders, club/organizational communications, etc
- Assists in maintaining a clean and operationally sound facility by completing regular floor checks as per established protocols.
- Complete all Incident/Accident Reports as required as per OH&S policies and procedures.
- Adheres to all health and safety policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Requirements
- High School Diploma plus 1 year experience working in a sale’s driven environment.
- Able to multi-task, problem solve, and prioritize in an efficient and timely manner.
- Demonstrate proper telephone etiquette with basic knowledge of telephone equipment.
- Able to proficiently communicate in English both written and oral.
- Demonstrate initiative in all aspects of the role.
- Possess a friendly, enthusiastic, and positive attitude.
- Demonstrate professional etiquette and ethical behavior.
- Able to work independently.
- Must be highly flexible.
- Possess strong interpersonal skills.
- Able to respond quickly in a dynamic and fast paced environment.
- Evening and weekend hours required.
- Must work 12-hour shifts on official closeout dates as per business requirements.
- Must work in January and last week of each month due to business requirements.
- Ability to travel on public transportation or valid driver’s license with access to own car in good repair is required.
Influence and Persuasion
- Able to convince others in both positive or negative circumstances; use tact when expressing ideas or opinions: present new ideas to authority figures; adapt presentations to suit a particular audience; respond to objections successfully.
- Able to show a keen interest in a subject or an activity, as well as a readiness to get involved; demonstrate a strong feeling or eagerness to complete assigned tasks in an upbeat and cooperative manner.
Commitment to Task
- Able to take responsibility for actions and outcomes and persist despite obstacles; be available around the clock in case of emergency; give long hours to the job; demonstrate dependability in difficult circumstances and show a sense of urgency about getting results.
- Able to exhibit a “can-do” approach and inspire associates to excel; use competition to encourage others; develop performance standards and bring awareness to negative attitudes; develop a team spirit.
- Demonstrate a high level of service delivery; do what is necessary to ensure customer satisfaction; deal with service failures and prioritize customer needs.
- Plan and deliver oral and written communications respectfully and tactfully to make an impact and persuade an intended audience.
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of the organization’s products and its features and have the ability to effectively communicate its benefits to members.
Why HER GYMVMT/GYMVMT
We provide a competitive benefits package for eligible employees including health and dental coverage, access to Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP), industry leading income potential, complimentary gym membership to all AYRFIT affiliated GYMVMT/HER GYMVMT clubs in Alberta for you and a friend or family member, employee discounts on fitness services, awards and top performer incentives, professional development opportunities, community involvement and philanthropy, and more!
Conditions of Employment
Successful applicants must provide proof of qualifications.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest and resumes. Please note, only those candidates chosen to proceed through the selection process will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- On-site gym
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Evening shift
- Morning shift
- Weekends as needed
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Calgary, AB T2J 7E5: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Secondary School (preferred)
- sales: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person