A Snapshot of Your Day
In a plant undergoing a major digital transformation, reporting to the IT Team Leader, the main responsibility of the incumbent will be to ensure the smooth running and optimal use of the company''s various equipment, servers, and computer networks. The incumbent will also be actively involved in various projects within the plant. Aware of IT best business practices, ready to take on challenges and motivated by change, the candidate will occupy a key position within the organization.
How You’ll Make an Impact
- Manage the plant''s IT assets, in accordance with Siemens Energy IT policies;
- Maintain and ensure the proper functioning of the various servers and IT equipment.
- Correct operating problems and optimize network and equipment performance;
- Provide level 2 IT support: receive service requests from users, initiate and document incidents, and assist users in resolving problems encountered;
- Manage and participate in projects to implement new IT tools;
- Participate in projects to implement new production equipment;
- Promote continuous improvement of procedures and processes within the department and the company.
- Program / Support internal software ;
- All other related job tasks;
What You Bring
- 5 years or more experience in a similar position;
- DEC or AEC in computer science or related field;
- Professional training in Microsoft networking;
- MCSE certification, an asset;
- Experience working in a plant environment, a strong asset;
- Ability to work as part of a team, a collaborative spirit and a strong ability to manage priorities;
- Demonstrate rigor, resourcefulness and determination;
- Excellent communication, problem-solving and innovation skills;
- Customer-oriented (service and availability);
- Bilingual (French and English);
- Excellent adaptability;
- The position requires you to work in person at our Trois-Rivières plant.
Our Transformation of Industry division is decarbonizing the industrial sector. Increasing electrification and efficiency are key and demand for green H2 and derivative fuels will rise. We enable decarbonization of the industrial sector and the transition to sustainable processes, building on a strong industrial customer base, a global network, diverse technologies, and integrated execution capabilities.
Check this video to learn more about our Transformation of Industry business https://www.siemens-energy.com/global/en/offerings/industrial-applications.html
Check out this video to learn more about Siemens Energy: https://bit.ly/3hD9pvK
Who is Siemens Energy?
At Siemens Energy, we are more than just an energy technology company. We meet the growing energy demand across 90+ countries while ensuring our climate is protected. With more than 92,000 dedicated employees, we not only generate electricity for over 16% of the global community, but we’re also using our technology to help protect people and the environment.
Our global team is committed to making sustainable, reliable, and affordable energy a reality by pushing the boundaries of what is possible. We uphold a 150-year legacy of innovation that encourages our search for people who will support our focus on decarbonization, new technologies, and energy transformation.
Our Commitment to Diversity
Lucky for us, we are not all the same. Through diversity we generate power. We run on inclusion and our combined creative energy is fueled by over 130 nationalities. Siemens Energy celebrates character - no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability. We energize society, all of society, and we do not discriminate based on our differences.
- Career growth and development opportunities.
- Supportive work culture and a healthy work- life balance.
- Flexible work environment with flex hours.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Flexible benefits and savings programs.
- Rewarding vacation entitlement with the opportunity to buy and sell vacation.
- Parental leave.
- Profit sharing.
- Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives.