Townline is an industry-leading, Vancouver-based real estate developer known for its innovative living solutions, unparalleled attention to detail, and renowned customer care. For over 40 years, every Townline project – from single-family homes and townhomes to concrete high-rise towers, mixed-use communities, and alternative housing solutions – has been defined by purposeful design, meticulous construction, forward-thinking amenities, and an unwavering commitment to enriching the cities and communities we build in.
Townline is deeply involved at each stage of every project, with in-house development, finance, construction, marketing, sales and leasing, and customer care teams. We believe in a person-to-person approach with each of our stakeholders, partners, homeowners, and tenants to ensure we meet the unique needs of neighbourhoods and the individuals within them. That’s the Townline Way.
Townline offers ample opportunities for growth and development, a competitive compensation package, a comprehensive health benefits program and an on-site gym/wellness center. As well, our office is conveniently located right on the Canada Line at Marine Gateway. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who is looking for experience in the rewarding field of social-purpose housing development and with one of BC's most respected and proven developers.
The Office Coordinator is an integral part of the office administrative team and is the first point of contact for our visitors. The successful candidate will have a high attention to detail, be organized and punctual, and can prioritize a multitude of tasks within a fast-paced work environment.
General Duties Responsibilities of an Officer Coordinator include but are not limited to:
- Greet visitors, announcing their arrival and directing them to a meeting room as required.
- Manage the switchboard, directing incoming calls, taking messages, forwarding voicemails and answering general inquiries.
- Managing the general office email account; responding to inquiries and forwarding emails/ fax message to the appropriate personnel.
- Process all incoming emails to the info email account.
- Manage the accounts payable inbox; forward payable invoices to each department
- Fax out documents as required.
- Process incoming/outgoing postage mail, courier services and small packages for outbound shipping.
- Maintain the kitchen in a clean and orderly manner; ordering kitchen supplies as needed
- Maintain coffee stations and refill supplies.
- Oversee meeting room calendars, assisting with bookings and virtual meeting set-ups.
- Update all internal directories.
- Process tenancy requests & resolving issues for the office such as activating access cards, booking loading docks and freight elevators
- Prepare supply orders for the office, sites and sales centers as needed.
- Correspond with property management to address office-related matters.
- Participate as a Floor Warden with Fire & Safety Committee for the office; maintaining health & safety binder, completing online fire and safety training and drills.
- Coordinate business card orders.
- Reconcile monthly supply invoices.
- Maintain copier rooms in an orderly manner; submitting service and supplies requests for all printers and fax machine
- Book and track corporate travel reservations for flights and hotels.
- Co-chair of the Social Committee; preparing for and attending monthly team meetings, planning, coordinating and assisting with the execution of staff events, and other related social events/projects.
- Assist Executive Assistant with administrative tasks as required.
- Assist People and Culture with administrative tasks as requested; creating orientation manuals for head office.
- Complete assigned onboarding and offboarding tasks on BambooHR.
- Assist Office Manager; receiving IT equipment, assigning, and tracking telephone extensions, updating the telephone system corporate directory greeting script.
- Coordinate equipment with the IT department.
- Coordinate cheque pick up at month end.
- Assist the sales team with receiving bank drafts and providing receipts for sales projects.
- Provide additional administrative support to other departments as requested; scanning, printing, forwarding department invoices/ payment receipts, binder prep, creating labels, laminating documents, reports, filing documents, preparing and scheduling couriers etc.
- Other duties as required.
Skills & Requirements:
- Education: Post-secondary education related General Office Administration would be an asset.
- Experience: At least two (2) years of work experience ideally in an office environment.
- Computer Skills: Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoints, Outlook, etc.).
- Strong interpersonal, and communication skills including written and verbal.
- Able to communicate effectively with all levels of employees and outside parties.
- A team player who works well in a collaborative environment.
- A self-starter and quick learner who takes direction well and is able to work with minimal supervision.
- Able to handle a substantial workload, multitask, and prioritize in a fast-paced environment.
- A creative thinker and effective problem solver.
- Strong customer focus and an excellent telephone etiquette.
- Able to attend company events as a social committee member on the occasional weekend as required.
- Strong work ethic, attention to detail, and excellent planning and organizational skills.
- A positive attitude and a professional image.
- Able to take direction from multiple sources.
- Willing to ask questions and find solutions.
- Available to work in the office located at Marine Gateway, 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM Monday – Friday.