We are SWISH!
We are people like you. Everyday our team members provide expert solutions in spaces all across Canada. Together, we build a safer, cleaner, and more sustainable future.
Take the next steps in your career by joining us as a Category Advisor!
What does a Category Advisor do?
Reporting to the Manager of Purchasing, the Category Advisor will play a pivotal role in supporting our Purchasing, Sales Enablement, and e-Commerce teams. We'll rely on your analytical acumen, business insight, and grasp of value chain activities to develop and execute purchasing/procurement and merchandising strategies that align with our business objectives and fuel revenue growth.
- Have a Growth Mindset: Help the business to grow by reviewing our Product Portfolio and making merchandising recommendations on SKU offerings and product alignment
- Continuously Improve our SKU and Data Management, system coding, and PIM enrichment
- Be a Trusted Partner: maintain working relationships with Branch and Division Managers, as well as vendors
- Over time, develop a Deep Expertise in the business, our products and passion for merchandising holistic cleaning solutions
- Act with Integrity at all times and adhere to Lean Supply Chain principles
- Apply Innovation: Guide the company by helping us to implement purchasing metrics, while also maintaining MS Excel/Google Sheet reporting
What experience or skills do you need?
When you join Swish, you can expect:
- 3-5 years of Purchasing/Merchandising experience
- College certificate or University degree in a business-related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated experience with an ERP system
- Strong interpersonal skills to communicate with co-workers and vendors
- Strong knowledge of MS Excel/Google Sheets with emphasis on PivotTables, refreshable content, vlookups
- Strong attention to detail
- Customer service focus
- Working knowledge of costing, margins, and product alignment would be an asset
- Prior PIM (Akeneo) experience would be an asset
- Membership in the Swish family - we treat our employees with integrity and always have, since 1956.
- Competitive base salary PLUS bonus.
- Access to hundreds of perks from the Home, Wellness, Travel, Fashion, and other industries.
- Unlimited training and development with an industry-leading brand.
- Excellent benefits, including:
- Extended Health & Dental Care
- Employee Assistance program
- Company contributions to your Registered Retirement Savings Plan
Swish is an equal opportunity employer, offering an above average compensation and benefit package, as well as excellent opportunities for professional development and advancement with a growing CANADIAN company.
Swish Maintenance Limited is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). Should any applicant require accommodation through the recruitment and selection process, please inform Human Resources.