Who we are
You know those big cities that still feel like small towns? Where everyone’s friendly and helps each other out? That’s like Grant Thornton. Except here we’re all professionals and there isn’t a mayor or a general store. What we’re trying to say is that we’re a large and growing professional services firm that still feels like a community. We employ over 3000 people across Canada, and we truly care about our colleagues, our clients and the communities where we work and live. That’s what’s most important to us. We’re building a thriving organization that’s purpose driven and still want to remember what your favourite milkshake flavour is.
As a Service Desk Tier 1 Analyst your responsibilities will include:
- Participate on the Tier 1 Service Desk team troubleshooting and resolving user service requests and incidents through our ticketing system (ServiceNow) and by phone, email and in-person
- Provide technical support for various industry standard applications, practice-specific and Grant Thornton proprietary applications
- Configure, deploy and provide support for laptops, desktops, printers and peripherals
- Setup workstations for new starts
- Follow and enforce processes, procedures, and systems controls as documented
- Provide new hire computer and application training
- Manage monthly computer lease returns and refreshes
- Coordinate the shipping and tracking of computer hardware to remote offices
- Coordinate onsite and offsite computer hardware repairs by third-party support providers
- Be responsible for maintaining and managing the computer, printer and supply inventory for local office
- Complete other projects and duties as assigned, including resource-sharing responsibilities as delegated by cross-functional team project coordinators
- Perform outside of standard business working hours as approved and required
- Perform various other duties as required
Be Grant Thornton
If you’re a bit like us, you’re driven to connect with how others are feeling and thinking. Here we walk in others shoes before taking action. Just imagine being part of a team that puts “we before me”, where flexAbility is a mindset, and where you trust your colleagues to have your back. At Grant Thornton, you’ll work with inspiring leaders who support your development, both personally and professionally. This is a place where your insatiable curiosity enables you to think, see and hear from a variety of perspectives, a place where every day is different and having the courage to grow is part of who you are. And when all this comes together, well that’s when the magic happens!
Want to learn more about who we are and how we live our purple every day? Read our colleagues’ stories at www.discoveryourpurple.ca
Think you’ve got what it takes to be a Service Desk Tier 1 Analyst? Like the colour purple? Great. Here's a few more boxes we’re also hoping you can tick:
- College diploma in Technology related program (or equivalent experience)
- 1+ years of experience in a similar role would be considered an asset
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team
- Solid organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and work in a busy environment
- Excellent troubleshooting/problem solving skills and analytical ability
- Interest in continuous learning
- Aptitude for learning and adhering to existing standardized policies, processes and procedures
- Aptitude for learning software quickly with minimal instruction
- Desire to learn and expand knowledge of the firm and the technology environment in use
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Interest in user needs and in providing a high quality of customer service
- Thorough understanding of networks and basic knowledge of Active Directory security groups
- Basic understanding of Microsoft Azure Services
- Good understanding of Microsoft O365
- Ability to lift equipment weighing up to 25 lbs/11 kg
- Valid driver’s license
- Readily available access to a reliable vehicle
Travel to our various locations throughout the region is required
At Grant Thornton we’re focused on making a difference in the lives of our clients, our colleagues and our communities. That’s our purpose. Or, as we like to say, living our purple.
What's in it for you?
Profit sharing, Flex days, RRSP contributions, Firmwide holiday closure, Wellness benefits, Concierge-like benefits, Work from anywhere in Canada in the summer for 4 weeks, and more!
Are you ready to Discover Your Purple?