JCA Technologies provides advanced technology solutions that optimize the operations of agricultural machines across many tasks and machine formats. Our expertise is in providing innovative precision agriculture and autonomous machine solutions for both integrated OEM solutions and retrofit product markets. We have built our expertise and technologies through solving agricultural implement control solutions that provide real value to farmers and have grown this to become leaders in the emerging area of autonomous agricultural machines. We apply a combination of our cutting-edge technologies, engineering expertise, and manufacturing capabilities to enable connected and autonomous capabilities within agricultural mobile machine systems for our customers. We are passionate about using technology to solve problems that are important to farmers and make a difference towards increasing food production for a growing population.
About the Role
Join our Peripheral Frame Work (PFW) team! The PFW team creates and maintains advanced Hardware Abstraction Layers that provide the capabilities our application developers need to solve difficult problems efficiently. This includes various communications interfaces, NAND file system, analog inputs, high current outputs. You should feel at home digging through data sheets and writing code to interface with peripherals/modules.
The ideal candidate will have strong technical and interpersonal skills and be capable of solving complex engineering problems in conjunction with the JCA engineering team.
· Support the development of PFW.
· Primary tasks: write, test, refactor, debug, document code.
· Collaborate with hardware group for new designs, troubleshooting, and general/process improvements.
· Assist application developers using PFW.
· Create unit tests and integration tests to ensure PFW code behaves properly.
· Perform manual testing of hardware and software when required (automation preferred).
· Participate in reviews of hardware and software.
· Collaborate with various engineering groups.
· Take an active role in learning and the development of your skills.
· A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Computer Science from an accredited University. Candidates with differing educational backgrounds but relevant experience may also be considered.
· 3+ years of professional microcontroller experience.
· Strong C (C99) skills.
· Experience writing testable and re-usable code.
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
Nice to Have
· Experience with software architecture patterns for low & high level APIs
· ARM Cortex M3/4, STM32F
· PID control
· Wi-Fi, TCP/IP, Bluetooth, GPS, IMU
· Hardware experience (development, review)
· Python, C#, C++
We love to hear from you! Please submit your resume to [email protected]
JCA is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion and we encourage applications from all qualified candidates. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise us of any accommodations needed to ensure fair and equitable access throughout the recruitment and selection process.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $60,000.00-$100,000.00 per year
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- RRSP match
- Do you have experience with microcontroller?
Work Location: In person