What’s in it for me:
At Hilton Vancouver Metrotown, we are a team of hospitality professionals that are deeply connected to & proud of the exceptional experiences we provide for our guests. More than that, we know our Associates are the shining stars of what we do!
We are looking for our next great team member to join us on our Sales and Catering team. Here is what we offer to all of our associates:
· Highly competitive wages
· Exceptional benefit plan for eligible associates & their family members
· Flexible scheduling to help you with work/life balance
· Opportunity to grow with us
· Discounts to any of our Crescent managed properties in North America and Hilton hotels globally for you & your family members
· A workplace that you can be proud of, where you are valued, trusted and supported by the team
Here is what you will be doing each day:
As a Sales and Events Coordinator, you will:
· Assist in overall operations of Sales and Catering department with the efficient and professional coordination of any assigned group, banquet meeting or reception
· Manage and maintain property website; coordinate social media efforts
· Develop internal marketing communications and coordinate e-marketing efforts
· Handle and support with administrative duties for the Sales and Catering department
· Develop and maintain files related to sales programs, weekly ads, and marketing and special event communications; ensures they are available for future reference.
· Other duties as assigned
Does this sound like you?
· Good verbal and written communication skills.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
· Ability to compile, analyze, and communicate data.
· Organized and detail-oriented with ability to multi-task
· Excellent interpersonal skills.
At Hilton Metrotown Vancouver we strive to create a great place to work where associates at all levels of our organization are respected for their differences, just like the guests and owners we serve. That’s why we are dedicated to creating an environment that facilitates open and honest conversations about race, equity, diversity, and inclusion. By examining our own beliefs and behaviors, we can create change through training, recruiting, and promoting diverse talent to strengthen our culture.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Dental care
- Discounted or free food
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Burnaby, BC: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)
- sales: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person