Position Title: IT Project Manager
location: Regina, SK
Charter is an award-winning IT solution and managed services provider established in 1997 in Victoria, BC, Canada. Our mission is to align people, process, and technology to help build better organizations, enhance communication, boost operational performance, and modernize businesses. Charter offers a comprehensive range of services, including Advisory & Consulting Services, Project Services, and Managed Services. This allows the company to provide end-to-end solutions to clients, from planning and design to ongoing support and implementation. We offer knowledge and support that extends beyond our clients’ businesses, empowering them to focus on their core operations. Charter helps businesses generate new value, drive growth, and unlock new opportunities, enabling them to go to market faster and more effectively. Forward, Together.
Our client is currently seeking two (2) experienced Project Managers in Regina, Saskatchewan, starting November, 2023. The ideal candidate will have 8+ years of PM experience managing concurrent IT projects in an enterprise level environment preferably with a minimum of two (2) large cloud integration projects ($500K+). Previous experience working with all levels within an organization and understanding technical/business priorities would be a great asset. Experience leading projects through a governance framework utilizing standard practices. Industry certification (PMP or PRINCE2) is required. Location: Regina, SK. This is a hybrid role – onsite/remote. Candidates must be able to work on-site in Regina, SK as requested throughout the duration of the project. Term: Two (2) year. Potential for One (1) year extension. Must be authorized to work in Canada and be able to work onsite in Regina, SK for the duration of the project.
· Develop terms of the detailed Project Plan in consultation with Project Leadership Team.
· Produce Project Plan and gain Project Sponsor approval.
· Strong understanding of the technical and business landscapes of a project.
· Produce deliverables on time, within budget ensuring project objectives are met.
· Facilitate integration of project touch points (interconnections) across related projects if required.
· Monitor and report on project performance: scope, schedule, cost, and project deliverables.
· Identify, monitor, and manage risks related to the delivery of the project.
· Provide timely communications and reporting, regarding projects risks, issues, and concerns to the team, Project Sponsors, and relevant stakeholders.
Qualifications and Experience:
· 8+ years of PM experience managing concurrent IT projects in an enterprise level environment.
· Education: Project Management Professional (PMP) or PRINCE2 certification. (Mandatory)
· Education: following certifications would be considered an asset: Organizational Change management practitioner, Agile or Scrum Master certification, ITIL.
· Experience managing at least two (2) large cloud integration projects ($500K+).
· Experience understanding business/technical priorities of a project and navigating through the intricacies.
· Experience leading projects through a governance framework utilizing standard practices and methodologies.
· Experience successfully managing team resources, systems development, estimating effort and costs, and planning/scheduling project activities.
· Experience in creating and managing project documents, i.e., project plans, schedule, budget, change orders and project status reports.
· Excellent communication (written and verbal) in English is required.
· Must be authorized to work in Canada and be able to work onsite in Regina, SK for the duration of the project.
Note: Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. Unfortunately, we are not able to sponsor candidates.
Job Type: Full-time
Contract length: 24 months
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Have you managed at least two (2) large cloud integration projects with budgets exceeding $500,000 each? Please provide project examples.
- Can you provide examples of how you've demonstrated your ability to understand both the business and technical priorities of a project and navigate through the intricacies effectively?
- Please describe your experience leading projects through a governance framework using standard project management practices and methodologies?
- Project Manager: 8 years (preferred)
- PMP or PRINCE 2 (preferred)
Work Location: In person