Vincent Communication and Controls Ltd. is a leading provider of specialized communication solutions for the oil and gas industry. We design, implement, and maintain state-of-the-art communication networks that enable seamless data and voice communication in remote and challenging oil field environments. As we expand our offerings and client base, we are seeking a talented and detail-oriented individual to join our team as a Work Procedure Creator focused on developing comprehensive and effective work procedures for our communication solutions.
Job Summary: As the Procedure Writer for VCCL, you will play a crucial role in creating clear, accurate, and easy-to-follow work procedures that guide our technical teams in deploying, maintaining, and troubleshooting communication systems. Your work will directly contribute to the safe, efficient, and reliable operations of our clients' oil field projects. Collaborating with subject matter experts and technical teams, you will develop best-in-class work procedures that set the standard for excellence in the industry.
- Collaborate with VCCL team members to conduct in-depth research and gather technical information on our communication solutions, including hardware, software, and integration processes.
- Collaborate with field personnel to understand their work, challenges, and best practices.
- Travel to different locations with field technicians and observe work being completed to write an accurate workflow procedure.
- Take clear, high-quality photographs of communication equipment and installations to supplement the work procedures. Document relevant details, configurations, and equipment specifications.
- Develop detailed work procedures for deploying, configuring, testing, and maintaining equipment and processes.
- Ensure consistency and clarity across all work procedures, adhering to the company's documentation style guidelines.
- Organize and maintain a centralized repository for all work procedures and related documentation.
- Able to prioritize tasks and reach company deadlines with minimum supervision.
- Able to travel to various locations for data gathering and collaboration with field technicians.
- Detail-oriented mindset with a focus on accuracy and adherence to standardization.
- Ability to work independently while coordinating with a team and subject matter experts.
- Understanding of communication technologies commonly used in oil field operations is considered an asset.
- Field Safety Tickets - First Aid, H2S and CSO, Orientations
Contract: This position is a contract term-based role with an expected duration of 6 months. The contract may be subject to extension based on project needs and satisfactory performance.
Job Type: Fixed term contract
Contract length: 6 months
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: In person