Eddy Group Limited, a Maritime based wholesale distribution business and one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, has been a construction industry partner for over 100 years. The fifth-generation family business takes pride in providing quality products, customized solutions, and service to their industrial, commercial, and residential customer base. We currently have 11 locations throughout New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, and Prince Edward Island! We are currently recruiting a Showroom Business Development professional to join our team of corporate dedicated sales professionals.
What is my role?
Reporting to the Corporate Sales Manager, you will be responsible for the specification and selection of Eddy Group Limited Showroom products for project customers in the Maritimes. You will be responsible to expand current business and bring new business in by assisting architects, designers, contractors, and developers with their showroom product needs in-person, by phone, email, and site visits.
Additionally, you will:
- Work closely with input from branch managers and consultants to develop, monitor and achieve annual showroom budgets.
- Work with Showroom Consultants, to ensure a positive sales experience, by understanding customer requirements.
- Develop or oversee the development of detailed, client specific quotes, while maintaining detailed records.
- Conduct seminars and attend trades shows to provide information to customers, potential customers and staff when required.
- Establish price parameters reflective of the marketplace.
- Ensure all quotes are developed in compliance with Company policy and procedures, and any applicable regulations.
- Maintain an up to date understanding of the competitive marketplace.
- Work with other EGL account managers to foster ongoing client relationships.
- Understand market segmentation, and client positioning within it.
- Review product and service offerings regularly, understanding capabilities, offerings, fixed costs, etc.
- Implement strategic planning including corporate positioning market and competitive analysis, customer segment selection and penetration plans, and related product positioning.
- Emphasize saleable features, quote prices and credit terms, and ensure successful bids are converted to orders at the applicable branch.
What will you bring to Eddy Group?
As a Showroom Business Development professional, you will have:
- Post-Secondary Degree or Diploma in a Business Field and/or Interior Design.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a progressively responsible sales/quotation related position.
- Experience in the wholesale distribution industry with Showroom experience will be considered an asset.
- Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with corporate departments, key business partners, and customers.
- Knowledge of cost analysis, fiscal management, and budgeting techniques.
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to coordinate and organize meetings, exhibits, and other events.
- Bilingualism is considered an asset.
Why Eddy Group?
- Full benefit package after first month of employment
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan after 6 months of employment.
- Collaborative and engaged team with a proven track record of success.
- Attractive Bonus and Commission programs
- A winning culture that you will be proud to be a part of
- Maritime based, family-owned company.
This is a full-time salaried position and may be located anywhere in the Maritime provinces with preference for individuals located near Eddy Group Limited locations. Salary will be commensurate to your experience.
Please mail or e-mail a resume (no phone calls please) to:
Eddy Group Limited
PO Box 146
Attention: Pat King, Human Resources Manager
e-mail: [email protected]
Eddy Group Limited is committed to a diverse environment. All qualified candidates who live in Canada and have permanent work status will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, orientation, disability, age, or any protected grounds.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest in this position and will advise that only selected candidates will be contacted.