Working with the Project Delivery Group, The Project Executive-Construction will function as the global subject matter expert and will support and/or lead capital projects. Will assist Mill Managers to assess current technology footprint and assess technical solutions to reduce operating costs and/or improve throughput. Assemble annual capital project priorities to improve paper mills. For major Paper Mill CapEx investments, leads efforts to identify appropriate technology solutions and vendors to be selected, works to identify and utilize vendors/sourcing in low-cost countries.
Paper Mill Performance
- Reviews current paper operations, identifies opportunities for cost and/or output improvement.
- Takes leadership role to manage/lead large Paper CapEx projects
- Prepares annual list of Paper Mill CapEx spending; supports implementation of the same
- Supports mill staff on operating issues and CapEx plan development
Major Paper Investments
- Overseers any major paper mill CapEx spending, this includes evaluating and selecting proper technical solution.
- Ensures design can be procured within budget and will meet performance assumptions
- Identifies and leverages low-cost sourcing sources
- Monitors equipment vendors to ensure quality standards and on-time delivery will be achieved
- Performs assessment of potential paper mill acquisitions.
- Leads Team to assess economic and technical feasibility of expansions
- Leads future Paper Mill expansions from technical perspective (technology selected, key technology vendors and low-cost sourcing) supporting BU Head.
- No formal education requirement for the job, but some advanced coursework in Pulp and Paper science is a plus
- 5 years of experience as a Technical Manager, Fibre Line Manager, Mill Manager or related positions in the Paper Industry.
- Prior experience with green or brownfield Paper Mill construction/Re-Build preferred
- Experience sourcing key components from low-cost sources
Work-setting: Manufacturing or production
Budgetary Responsibility: $8,000,001
- Coordinate the work of regions, divisions or departments
- Establish objectives for the organization and formulate or approve policies and programs
- Ability to supervise: 3 - 4 people
- Additional Information:
- Security and Safety: Criminal record check
- Transportation/Travel Information: Willing to travel
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities:
- Fast-paced environment
- Attention to detail
- Personal Suitability: Team Player
- Education: No degree, certificate or diploma
- Experience: 5 years or more
- Official Languages: English
Company Operating Name: Paper Excellence Canada Holdings Corp.
Terms of Employment: Full-time/Permanent Position - 40 hours per week
Compensation Type: Range /To be negotiated (may depend on experience) - Pay range from $120,000 to $220,000 per year
Health Benefits: Dental plan, health care plan, vision care benefits, disability benefits, and paramedical services coverage
Long term benefits: Life insurance, pension plan, maternity and parental benefits, group insurance benefits, other benefits, long-term care insurance.
Other benefits: Free parking available, team building opportunities, parking available.
Language of work: English only
3838 Port Mellon Hwy
Port Mellon, BC V0N2S0, CAN
Please send your updated resume through this email address: . [email protected].