The LaPrairie Group of Companies is looking for a Human Resources Generalist to join it's HR Team.
Reporting to the HR Director, the HR Generalist will provide high-quality, proactive HR support throughout the Organization both in Canada and the USA. This role will be involved in all aspects of talent acquisition, staffing, employment processing, benefits administration, WCB claim management support, training and development, records management, employee relations and retention, compliance.
- Maintain accurate and comprehensive personnel records within the HRIS system.
- Participate in the full cycle of recruitment activities including preparing job descriptions for posting, arranging for the advertisement of vacancies, headhunting, screening candidates and drawing up short lists of candidates, organizing interviews.
- Provide high-quality advice and service to managers on daily employee relations and performance management issues.
- Assist with employee onboarding, orientation and training.
- Prepare formal communications to employees for HR management review.
- Work in collaboration with payroll and benefits administrators as required.
- Distribute HR policies, procedures and memorandums to the appropriate individuals, divisions, or departments across the organization.
- Draft general forms, letters, reports, and memorandums as necessary.
- Assist with the development of policies and procedures.
- Support organization-wide compliance with policies, procedures and applicable regulations.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Post-Secondary Degree or Diploma in Human Resources or a related field.
- 5+ years of previous HR experience required.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications, such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal skills and comprehension.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- High attention to detail.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.