Committed to fostering opportunities for current and future generations, the Region of Waterloo is an inclusive, thriving, and sustainable region of connected rural and urban communities with global reach. Our mission is to serve, engage and inspire, by delivering quality services to a diverse population of 630,000+, while creating a healthy, collaborative environment of learning, respect, and innovation.
This is a place where employees are valued and recognized for their talents and contributions to our success. Our employees take pride in making a difference in people's lives through the work that we do. We are looking for people like you to help make it happen.
As the Region of Waterloo endeavours to deliver a world-class experience for employees and for the community, we have decided to modernize HR services and launch a new suite of centralized digital tools, processes, programs, ways of working, and policies. This HXM (Human Experience Management) program, partners with PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) to implement SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite, and works collaboratively in partnership with HR and the wider organization to streamline, simplify and improve HR services and programs for the whole organization.
As HXM Change and Communications Specialist, you will develop and implement change management, and communication strategies that maximize employee adoption and usage of a new enterprise Human Experience Management Solution (HXM). You will have the opportunity to collaborate with a diverse multi-disciplinary, cross-organizational team using approaches and solutions that are human-centered, digitally-minded, and data-centric. If you are a candidate who is analytically minded and a confident leader this opportunity may be for YOU!
Apply your Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- You will be the expert on strategic change management planning which includes defining vision, objectives, milestones, stakeholders, timelines, inputs, and outputs.
- You will leverage human centered design principles to ensure stakeholder needs are integrated into future state design, capture, and analyze changes and impacts and recommend change management solutions.
- You will define the approach and plan for a change network and coordinate activities to engage the group as disseminated ambassadors of change.
- You will develop a communication strategy and plan, work collaboratively with various stakeholders to draft, and approve key messages and materials, and cascade communications across the organization. You will leverage digital marketing and traditional methods.
- You will design a change readiness strategy and plan and manage readiness assessment and analysis to recommend solutions over time.
- You may facilitate training workshops as needed.
- You will use your change management and communication skills to provide knowledge transfer, tools, and strategies to support leaders managing change resistance team members.
- You will participate in program management activities such as project planning, risk management, and governance activities as required.
- You will perform related duties as required.
Apply Your Experience at the Region of Waterloo
- A minimum of 3-5 years of demonstrated experience leading large-scale organizational change efforts is required and highly preferred experience with cloud-based HXM system implementations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Education, or a related field. An alternate combination of education and experience may be considered.
- PROSCI certification is an asset as well as other recognized change management certifications and/or adult education certifications.
- Experience creating and delivering change management activities within a project structure.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills to engage, motivate, coach and mentor team and project members.
- High level of communication skills with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to establish and maintain strong relationships.
- Ability to influence others and move toward a common vision or goal.
- Ability to work in a changing environment and take on new challenges.
- Awareness of the principles and application of human centered design along with process mapping and impact identification.
- Data analytic mindset demonstrated ability to use software to and tools to demonstrate value and results of change efforts.
- Proven ability to collaborate, creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment.
- Experience with digital marketing on internal programs along with the ability to clearly articulate messages to a variety of audiences and to influence others to move toward a common vision or goal.
- Experience working with HR processes, structures and departments is an asset.
- Project management, time management and knowledge of using shared tools to manage work, i.e., Suite of Microsoft products.
- Experience working in municipal or public sector workplaces, with union and non-union team members is preferred.
- Ability to comply with corporate policies and procedures, collective agreements, and related legislation applicable to the Organizations is required.
- Computer skills with the ability to use software such as Microsoft Office and other related software is required.
- Ability to participate as an effective team member. Ability to support and project values compatible with both organizations.
- Ability to travel within and outside Waterloo Region.
Consideration will be given to candidates who are not fully qualified when no fully qualified applicants can be identified.
We thank all applicants in advance; however, we will be corresponding only with those selected for an interview.
The Region of Waterloo is an equal-opportunity employer committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process. At the Region, we respect, encourage, and celebrate our diversity. The Region of Waterloo is committed to providing accommodations throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Alternate formats of this document are available upon request. Please contact the Service First Contact Centre at phone number 519-575-4400, or TTY number 519-575-4608 to request an alternate format.