At Murphy Hospitality Group we pride ourselves on an exceptionally high standard of quality service and products. It takes the best people to reach this higher standard of excellence. We believe in extensive training and providing our people with an excellent benefits program, competitive wages, advancement, and professional development opportunities. At MHG itâ€™s all about the people!
Gahan House Harbourview
At the Gahan House, we believe in great beer, great food, and providing the highest level of service through our genuine hospitality. We aim to elevate the brew-pub experience for every guest by using fresh local ingredients in both our handcrafted beers and delicious food. The 'Gahan Experience' is a memorable one and that's because of our people, beer, and food.
As General Manager, You Will
Oversee all aspects of restaurant operations, including front of house and back of house. The General Manager will work along with the rest of the team to ensure a culture exists that promotes having fun at work while providing guests with memorable experiences only the Gahan House can provide. They will demonstrate outstanding leadership, managing, and mentoring a team with varying responsibilities with a positive attitude who thinks guest service first.
- Oversee the successful running of the restaurant, working to achieve the financial, marketing, and human resource goals and objectives as set by Murphy Hospitality Group
- Oversee all restaurant financials such as labour costs, cost of goods sold and costing team schedules
- Demonstrate and communicate the Gahan House vision to all team members and lead by example
- Work with Murphy Hospitality Group HR team to conduct all team member hiring, including local recruitment, hiring team members, and ensuring proper training occurs
- Ensure team members provide a memorable guest experience through coaching and fostering a positive working culture by reinforcing the MHG values daily, exciting team members with their positive nature
- Encourage a culture that revolves around creating memorable guest experiences, and quality food
- Work with the restaurant management team to ensure successful restaurant operations â€“ developing workloads, providing mentorship and coaching
- Work with the Head Chef and their team to ensure food menu standards are met as set out by The Gahan House and Murphy Hospitality Group
- Assist in restaurant menu development
- Support MHG Marketing team with local marketing initiatives and branding opportunities, overseeing the implementation of local marketing initiatives
- Guest and team member management through conflict resolution, problem-solving, building and maintaining authentic relationships with guests and team members. Ensure the restaurant adheres to all legislative and governmental requirements
- Support front of house team members on the floor as needed during busy service; touching tables, expediting, serving, and hosting as needed
Who You Are
- A passion for the restaurant industry and the guest experience
- Previous 3-5 years restaurant experience; previous restaurant management experience is a strong asset
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment, balancing different priorities and duties to meet strict deadlines
- Ability to take direction, work calmly in a fast-paced environment and delegate tasks and provide direction as needed
- Must be a positive, goal-oriented individual with a desire for personal and professional development within the hospitality industry.
- A post-secondary diploma/degree in business or hospitality management is considered an asset
What We Offer
Comprehensive health, medical, dental coverage
Discounted gym memberships and wellness reimbursement
Growth and professional development opportunities
MHG discounts across Atlantic Canada
Employee Family Assistance Program
Paid vacation time