Tully Luxury Travel Designers create life-enriching travel experiences for a discerning global clientele, curated with the utmost attention to detail. We have become North America’s leading Luxury Travel Agency through the development and maintenance of relationships. Tully Luxury Travel is considered one of the most influential, connected, and respected names in the industry. As a Travel Designer you will support a Senior Travel Designer, working as a team to exceed our client’s expectations. This is the perfect opportunity to expand your experience working in the field of Travel.
Established in 1987, Tully Luxury Travel’s bespoke travel experiences range from luxury cruises and yachting, to safaris, ski resorts, the finest hotels, and private travel arrangements in cities all over the world. Dedicated to sharing the world's most inspiring, life-enriching travel experiences, Tully Luxury Travel provides world-class customer service.
*Note: all responsibilities are either completed based on the direction of, or in coordination with the Senior Travel Designer*
- Confirm booking details for all aspects of the clients travel; air, transportation, cruise, tours, hotels, pre and post, as applicable
- In compliance with documented processes receive/retrieve, record, verify, and re-distribute all incoming tickets and documentation (both physical and electronic)
o Ensure the travel details match those listed in the Client Relationship System (ClientBase), the invoice, and the cruise line
o Ensure that the necessary paperwork has been received from the cruise line or other supplier
- Where necessary, access the documentation from the suppliers site or contact the vendor directly
- Prepare documentation needed to send to the client from the agent (i.e. amenity letter)
- Generate weekly reporting regarding travel to verify documentation requirements; including completed and outstanding documentation tasks
- Forward and/or save supplier invoices
- Prepare client invoices and related documentation and process client and vendor payments in coordination with accounting
- Ensure the necessary information is entered so that Accounting can call in Shipboard Credits.
- Update ClientBase records as necessary
- Maintain regular contact (via email and phone) with new and current clients to ensure they understand they are a priority to us and that their trip exceeds their expectations;
o Trip recommendations; promoting certain destinations or packages as applicable
o Advice and travel options
o Information about local customs & safety
o Travel requirements (visas, inoculations…)
o Upsell client travel plans with unique and relevant experiences to enhance enjoyment
o Provide direction regarding travel insurance
o Collect vendor confirmations and vouchers to prepare and send final trip documentation and detailed itineraries in both electronic and hard-copy, in line with travel agency requirements.
o Leverage persuasive communication skills to create excitement about travel plans
o Understand and communicate as necessary the important details regarding supplier terms and conditions, travel rules, and travel documents
o Identify ways to use technology to enhance the client experience
Ø Liaise between the client and the travel destination; communicate with one or many suppliers negotiating prices where applicable or additional benefits for the client
o Ensure company perks are applied to a clients’ reservation
o Continually review the bookings to ensure the client has received the best price, and re-negotiate the sales as needed
o Coordinate the details associated with the travel
- Create and maintain electronic client profiles, updating personal information and booking information in an online program.
- Maximize every sales opportunity as a chance to develop lifelong relationships, through service and curating unique, enriching experiences.
- Accurately coordinate and secure all the arrangement details and components for one booking i.e. tours, hotels, translator, VIP, transfers, driver…
- Share knowledge and collaborate with employees or contractors within the Company to best serve the client and achieve corporate objectives
- Comply with the travel rules, regulations, and legislation in the applicable Province, State, or Country. Including but not limited to the Travel Industry Council of Ontario (TICO), Consumer Protection BC, Quebec Office of Consumer Protection, and Seller of Travel Laws
- Achieve monthly, quarterly, and annual sales targets (both individual and departmental)
- Make sure clients are taken care of and that they have someone to reach out to regarding concerns should they be anxious about their trip; arrange small details for each client that make them feel special and convey to them how important their relationship is to you/the Company
- Promote and market the business and maintain the Company Brand
Other duties as required
· Exceptional communication skills and attention to detail, able to meet deadlines and work under pressure
· Proficient with email and web-based programs, as well as Word and Excel
· Fluent in English communication both verbal and written
· Problem solving skills coupled with the "can do" attitude
· TICO Certification is required (must be certified within one month of start date)
· Previous work experience in travel, tourism, or hospitality an asset
· Degree or Diploma in tourism, travel or hospitality
· Experience travelling to international destinations an asset
This role is paid base and commission.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a talented team of travel designers who specialize in curating exceptional travel experiences, working as a Private Travel Designer at the Tully Luxury Travel office in Mississauga, Ontario. We thank each applicant for taking the time to submit your resume, however, only candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $36,000.00-$38,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site gym
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Work from home
Flexible Language Requirement:
All staff are required to wear masks in shared locations. Cleaning practices have been increased.
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Mississauga, ON L5C 4P4