Role: Desktop Support
Location: Canada (Alberta / Calgary) Hybrid
The Desktop Support Engineer uses a broad range of industry experience, practices/procedures to provide advanced troubleshooting and experience to specialize in areas that include, but are not limited to, complex incident resolution, service project management, and executive support delivery. This includes the ability to independently perform a variety of complicated tasks collaboratively with other operational teams.
The person should have sound knowledge and Hands on Experience on the following:
· Provide Deskside Support to the users who uses Desktops, Laptops, Printers, AV/VC, Telephony, Networks, Remote Access, Security Systems and Core Applications.
· Work collaboratively within a global team.
· Provide IT support that enables colleagues to achieve their team and business goals/objectives.
· Troubleshoot and repair any hardware/software issues that can’t be resolved by Global Service Desk which includes more complex issues such as: machine rebuilds, hardware diagnostics, new installs (IT hardware such as laptops, desktops, mobile devices, peripherals)
· Provide timely support services to all colleagues, ensuring service levels are maintained and all requests are properly tracked and responded to. Focus is on maintaining ownership of the issue and providing consistent and timely resolutions.
· Identify opportunities for improvements in consistency and performance of troubleshooting, and implement these improvements.
· Drive continuous improvement in working practices and quality of customer support.
· Feed demand into the Continuous Service Improvement Plan, and Infrastructure Development demand management process, with suggestions fed through to Infrastructure Support Team Lead.
· Where requested or allocated, take responsibility for delivery of non-time critical ‘small works’ requests.
· Feed requests for Changes to the production estate to the Infrastructure Services Manager, or Infrastructure Development Team Leads.
· Ensure that a knowledge base of past issues encountered is maintained and used (Service Now Knowledge Management).
· Feed into Major Incident Management and Problem Management processes as required.
· Liaise with colleagues at all levels within the organization.
· Communicate with colleagues in a professional and courteous manner at all times, providing technical support in a customer focused way.
· Adhere to defined policies/procedures (i.e., IT Equipment, Security and Compliance, Corporate).
· Strong technical knowledge and working experience with Microsoft products including email, Client, Server, Network and Telephony technologies, Mobile Computing, Directory Services, and overall understanding of infrastructure, desktop, and applications technologies and architecture.
· Ability to work in a fast paced, high pressure work environment.
· Strong ability to multi-task and work on tasks and projects while being interrupted by users and colleagues requesting support; ability to constantly re-prioritize tasks is a must.
· Ensure the Colleague Services organization maintains high colleague satisfaction measured through adherence of SLA’s and results of colleague feedback.
· Desktops / Laptops.
· Apple Mac / iPads / iPhones & Smart Phone Technologies.
· Cisco IP Phone Systems.
· Understanding of MDM Solutions, Microsoft Exchange / SharePoint, Antivirus Enterprise Solutions.
· IT Helpdesk Solutions – Service Now / Assyst or similar.
· Cisco VC Solutions.
· Networking & VPN Concepts.
Behavioral Skills :
· Resolve technical issues of projects
· Participates as a team member and fosters teamwork by inter-group coordination
· Effectively collaborates and communicates with the stakeholders and ensures client satisfaction
· At least 4-6 years of work experience in supporting Desktop Support roles
Preferably Graduate with requisite work experience
Who are we?
Mphasis is a leading IT solutions provider, offering Applications, Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) and Infrastructure services globally through a combination of technology knowhow, domain and process expertise. Over the years we have left an indelible impression in the IT solutions domain with an impressive clientele and an extensive global presence. The accolades we have been garnering can be attributed to our undeterred focus in delivering quality solutions across verticals that meet the challenging requirements of our esteemed customers. Our integrated solutions offering is aimed at creating value for our customers, helping them in improving their business processes with minimum hassles and capital outlays.
Job Type: Full-time
Work Location: In person