Job Title: National Account Manager USA
Reporting to: Chief Executive Officer
Location: Mississauga, ON
This newly created position calls for a confident, success driven individual who wants to take their solid skills and experience in consumer products and brand management and apply it to Canadian and US based retail customers. The successful candidate is obsessed with finding new business, has helped to scale a company from +$50 million to over $100 million, and wants to join a winning team to ensure we continue to win. We are looking for a strong decision-making leader, who can contribute to and execute our strategy in the USA food, mass, drug, Gas/Convenience/ Independent, to grow revenue in stores such as Publix, Kroger, 7-11, Couch Tard, Walgreens, Target, UNFI, Kehe, Rite Aid, CVS, and HEB. Most importantly, this person needs to absolutely love chasing new business opportunities for one of the fastest growing food companies in the space.
What you’ll do:
- Find new business that the company has determined on the target list: Publix, Kroger, Ahold, Albertson, Bj’s, Walgreens, Whole Foods, Target, UNFI, Kehe, Rite Aid, CVS, HEB, etc .
- Profitably grow assigned customer business to achieve objectives including gross sales and trade budget.
- Develop and execute sales strategies to accomplish marketing and business goals.
- Responsible for achieving dollar volume, profitability, P&L contribution, and related financial performance.
- Develop, implement, and manage Account Plans covering products, trade spend, and product pricing for key customers.
- Develop successful promotions, sales programs, and merchandising plans in partnership with marketing, to drive sales.
- Be a category expert by understanding the competitive landscape, category trends, competitive spending data, and information gathered through competitive intelligence.
- Develop product launch plans & product run out strategies to minimize product launch costs and discontinued items at the retail level, avoiding returns/ markdowns on discontinued items and credit terms for key customers.
- Develop and maintain a strong relationship with each customer by providing excellent customer service, including day-to-day management of the customer, issue resolution, etc.
- Prospect within assigned sales territory to develop new accounts.
- Develop and maintain broker/distributor network and assess broker sales results to identify areas of opportunity to improve results on revenue growth, customer growth, and profitability.
- Have an in-depth knowledge of the key competitors and understand their strengths and weaknesses thereby exploiting identified opportunities. Oversee the cross-functional relationship between our customers and our internal departments.
- Participate in the corporate annual budgeting process by providing input to yearly sales forecast, promotional budget, and program and product selection by account as it pertains to the assigned channel and/or customer base.
- Organize and attend trade shows as required.
Who you are:
- Minimum of 10 years of sales experience in an entrepreneurial environment.
- A minimum of 5 years experience selling to and managing food, drug and mass accounts.
- Bachelor’s degree or Diploma in Business Administration is an asset.
- Broker management experience.
- Experience within the Natural Health Product industry is an asset.
- Self-motivated, entrepreneurial, and able to work independently.
- Willingness to be hands on and play multiple roles from making key account presentations and building a forecast to developing and executing corporate sales strategies.
- Comprehensive knowledge of OTC Pharmacy and/or Nutritional Supplement industry.
- Strong experience with trade promotion development, budgeting, and analysis.
- Category Management experience.
- Strong analytical skills with a creative approach to idea generation and problem-solving.
- A proven ability to establish and maintain strong working relationships with a variety of stakeholders.
- An understanding of P&L drivers.
- Superior written and verbal skills to facilitate the communication process - must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
- Ability to multi-task and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficient in the use of the Microsoft Office software suite and Retail Link & other POS systems.
- competitive compensation
- comprehensive health insurance
- company events
- paid time off
- discounted products
- hybrid office / work-from-home schedule
- business casual dress
- on-site parking
Join Us! Apply Now
No Sugar Co. is Remote Friendly! We offer a Flexible Hybrid Work Model where employees have the flexibility to choose a minimum of two office days per week, with the option to work wherever they prefer (office or remote) for the remainder of the week.
Job Type: Full-time
Work Location: Hybrid remote