For over 50 years, Thomson Power systems (a Regal Rexnord company) has been a leading manufacturer of electrical products and systems for use in the Power Generation Industry. We are currently looking for a dedicated and motivated individual to join our dedicated team as a Senior Software Developer/Designer. This is a unique opportunity to play a significant role in revolutionizing the industrial power control industry.
As a Senior Software Developer/Designer, you will be responsible for designing, developing, and maintaining user-friendly graphical user interfaces (GUI) applications using Windows operating systems for industrial power control products. The successful candidate will use creative and technical skills to develop high-performance, intuitive user interfaces that meet customer needs and exceed industry standards.
- Design, develop, and maintain Windows graphical user interfaces for industrial power control products
- Perform usability testing and feedback to improve the user experience
- Analyze customer requirements and develop solutions that address customer needs
- Ensure application compatibility and functionality on various Windows operating systems
- Develop and maintain technical documentation and user guides
- Follow best practices for developing software for Windows operating systems
- Collaborate with engineers, designers, and other stakeholders on specs, architecture and development/testing to ensure the successful completion of projects
- Ensure applications are compatible with multiple versions of Windows operating systems
- Optimize application performance and scalability
- Provide internal and product support for technical issues of developed applications
- Troubleshoot and debug application issues
- Stay up-to-date with the latest technological advancements to improve the user experience.
- Develop user interface prototypes to ensure efficient and effective solutions
- Other duties as assigned
ARE YOU THE ONE?
Required Education, Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering of Computer Science or equivalent related experience preferred.
- Previous knowledge or experience with 3 phase power preferred
- Five (5) year of relevant experience with proficiency in Visual Studio Design, C++/11, MFC, Multi-Threading Experience, Networking understanding and experience, C#/.NET, WinForms, WPF
- Previous experience with VB.NET and VBA Scripting preferred
- Knowledge of industrial power control systems and protocols is a plus
- Excellent problem-solving and communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
You may not know it, but Regal Rexnord impacts your life every day. Our products enable the power source that keeps smart buildings running; the fans in HVAC systems that keep us comfortable; the agricultural and food service equipment that keeps us fed; and the conveyer systems that keep ecommerce flowing. Our business purpose is to create a better tomorrow by energy-efficiently converting power into motion. For us, this means creating innovative solutions while focused on both customer needs and our commitment to sustainability. We are looking for creative and ambitious minds to join our team and to create a better tomorrow.
As part of the large Regal Rexnord family we, Thomson Power Systems, are a leading manufacturer of electrical products, controls, and systems in the Power Generation Industry. Over the last 40 years we have been growing from a small local company in British Columbia to a global organization with colleagues in Canada, USA, Mexico and India. As we are rapidly growing, we are looking for innovative, motivated, talented, and hard-working achievers to join us and to continue providing best in class products and services to our expanding customers.
Regal Rexnord Corporation (RRX) is approximately a $7.2B publicly traded global manufacturer of electric motors and controls, electrical components and power transmission products serving customers around the world in the general industrial, consumer, commercial construction, food & beverage, and alternative energy end markets, among others. Regal Rexnord sells its products and solutions to OEMs, through distributors, and directly to end-users. The company has approximately 38,000 global associates with significant operations in the US, Mexico, Europe, China, and India. Regal Rexnord Corporation is the result of a merger between Regal Beloit Corporation and Rexnord’s PMC business which was completed in 2021. The headquarters for Regal Rexnord is located in Beloit, WI with an executive satellite office in Rosemont, IL.
The company is comprised of four operating segments:
- Industrial Powertrain Solutions: (~$2.7 Billion revenues)
- Power Efficiency Solutions: (~$2.2 Billion revenues)
- Automation & Motion Control: (~$1.7 Billion revenues)
- Industrial Systems: (~0.6 Billion revenues)
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $100,000.00-$150,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Langley, BC: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
- VB.NET: 5 years (preferred)
- Visual Studio Design: 5 years (preferred)
- Industrial Power Controls System: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Langley, BC