Intermediate Project Controller - Environmental Services - ( 230001JP )
Grounded in safety, quality, and ethics, our experts lead their fields and guide our work with rigor, a creative spirit, and vision for growth. We draw from more than 20 technical specialties around the globe and are committed to fostering an inclusive community of diverse talents, backgrounds, and expertise. We are a place to apply your passion and collaborate with top environmental talents on work that’s critical to our clients and the communities we support. Join a team that has the environment down to a science.
The successful performance of a project depends on appropriate planning and execution. Project controls is responsible for project metrics such as time, cost, and resources as well as project revenue and cash flow. This position encompasses the people, processes, and tools used to plan, manage and mitigate cost and schedule issues and risks that may impact a project.
We currently have an opportunity for a highly motivated Intermediate Project Controller to join our Environmental Services group. We seek an individual with demonstrated experience in project controls and/or coordination-related work including knowledge of project management processes and project life cycles. The successful candidate will possess strong interpersonal and communication skills, is detail-oriented, has excellent computer software skills, and enjoys working in a supportive team environment.
Your Key Responsibilities
As a Project Controller, you must be flexible, supportive, proactive, and attentive to detail as well as have the ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks in order to meet and balance deadlines with multiple and shifting priorities. You will be able to analyze information and provide timely standard and customized cost control reports. The successful candidate will work with a senior project controller who will provide mentorship and support.
Ideally, the position is based out of our Fredericton, NB office, however, candidates located anywhere in Ontario will also be considered.
As the successful candidate you will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- Setup and maintain cost controls from project initiation to close out
- Provide standardized, accurate cost reports for project managers
- Analyze, evaluate and forecast based on progress and performance
- Track cost performance against baselines and update baselines accordingly
- Understand the integration between cost and schedule
- Contribute to proposal development to ensure contractual compliance and operation needs are met
- Review and code 3rd party invoices for processing
- Monitor project budgets and facilitate change management processes as required
- Provide support to develop Work Breakdown Structures for project execution and monitoring
- Validate source data and ensure the integrity of processes affecting project success such as project coding, budget allocation, A/R & A/P project-related activity
- Manage invoices while ensuring compliance to project contractual terms and conditions
- Build and maintain effective relationships with Project Managers
- Perform financial reconciliations
- Administrate the use of Oracle Financial systems (or similar) and in-house project management software (IPS) in the areas such as budget/cost control and reporting
- Perform thorough QA/QC on all deliverables
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Knowledge and use of earned value principles, including but not limited to CPI, SPI, EAC, and variance
- Understanding of project management life cycle and project controls processes and procedures
- Strong analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills
- Proven ability to work under pressure, prioritize, to multi-task, and manage client expectations
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient user of MS Excel and MS Word
Education and Experience
Degree or diploma in business, economics, engineering, or related field.
Minimum five years of related work experience.
Experience with P6 would be considered an asset.
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Benefits Summary: Regular full-time and part-time employees will have access to health, dental, and vision plans, a well-being program, health care spending account, wellness spending accounts, group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, group tax-free savings account, life and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, short-term/long-term disability plans, emergency travel benefits, tuition reimbursement, professional membership fee coverage, and paid time off.
Temporary/casual employees will have access to group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, and group tax-free savings account.
The benefits information listed above may not apply to union positions because benefits for such positions are governed by applicable collective bargaining agreements.
Primary Location : Canada-New Brunswick-Fredericton
Other Locations : Canada-Ontario
Work Locations :
Organization : BC-1235 EnvSvcs-CA Alberta
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : No
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Apr 4, 2023, 9:21:37 AM
Req ID: 230001JP
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans