Operational Excellence Manager (LSS Expert)
The Operational Excellence Manager (LSS expert) will be responsible for the delivery and support of all global/local Lean process improvement initiatives; supporting DLL in accelerating improvements and change inclusive of process optimization, automation, operational management and establishing a lean Operational Excellence culture. This is to ensure optimal customer satisfaction, product quality and business process efficiency and effectiveness.
The Operational Excellence Manager, although not the exclusive owner of all improvement initiatives, is one of the leading forces behind it. This will mean demonstrating hands on implementation skills, joining in on the first phases of problem solving, providing analysis on what/how/why and training & coaching the team members and management on how to get to the desired state including the use of advanced automation (RPA, Machine Learning, Analytics).
Day to Day
- Identify areas of opportunity and execute key activities within Lean Transformation by supporting & driving improvement and change
- Drive critical core processes and local end-to-end solutions. Coordinates a multifunctional team including close partnership with Robotic process automation development.
- Develop and sustain an effective automation governance process ensuring that performance is managed, opportunities are identified, and risks are appropriately mitigated.
- Assist with the documentation of DLL’s end to end processes & SOPs to drive waste reduction and/or revenue growth opportunities.
- Coordinate the execution of local projects for business change using Lean methodology
- Measure and capture the local business change effects according to the agreed monitoring & preferred delivery format
- Act as an improvement agent and trusted senior business partner in enabling and jointly tackling the key improvement initiatives needed for our future state business (the Hoshin Kanri goal deployment serves as your compass)
- Coordinate & monitor the weekly / monthly improvement efforts
- Deploy the knowledge, the hands-on approach and the correct choice and execution of key techniques & tools in that particular setting and business change cycle
- Transfer knowledge and train others in their continuous improvement techniques & thinking
- Design, execute, steer and coach local initiatives with aligned impact. Participates in international improvement work topics & projects
- Support applicable Change Management associated with execution of the Transformation
- Oversee and collaborate on the development, preparation, and presentation of productivity investment cases to ensure objectives, risks, benefits, and approach are clearly articulated and embraced at the senior management level.
- Leverage Lean Six Sigma to enhance value stream activities
All members enjoy
- Two working days per year volunteering for a local charity.
- Health and Wellness program including healthy food, free health checks, fun health & vitality activities
- Flexible hours with possibility to work from home
- Career development opportunities: online learning, member development programs.
- Check this link to an overview of all benefits in your region.
- Education: University level preferred
- Knowledge of Total Quality Management, Design Thinking; LSS Black Belt certification
- Prior Management Consultant experience at any of the big four is a significant plus
- Self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit and an ability to bring clear direction in the face of uncertainty / ambiguity
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, specifically regarding communicating data in a fashion that can be readily digested and understood by others.
- Deadline driven
- Innovative thinker
- Collaborative, team-oriented work style
- Highest standards of integrity
- Able to professionally facilitate and lead an improvement workshop and/or an improvement training sessions
- Understanding of various tools and applications to automate future state process design
- Expert knowledge of analytics platforms, such as Tableau/Qlik
- Business financial assessment and related business case development
- Familiarity with Automation Anywhere Platform is a plus
- Advanced knowledge of Excel, Advanced PowerPoint, and Presentation skills
- Ability to create storyboards and apply it to Presentation Deck generation
- Strong PC and data management skills including the ability to extract, manage, and manipulate large data sets / files
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of management and organizational principals
- Ability to personally perform critical analysis, to critique the work of others, and to build the firms automation management model
- Capable of driving growth capacity by continuously looking for better ways to improve processes
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent planning & organizational skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to learn new things quickly
- Proficient with collaboration tools that support virtual and in-person meetings
- Ability to work from home remotely/independently and in a virtual team environment
DLL’s wellbeing ambition is to educate, equip and empower members to build connections, manage their mental, emotional, physical and financial wellness and maintain balance between work and the other priorities that make up their lives.
Our four wellbeing categories are as follows:
- Connection – Build meaningful connections with other DLL members
- Health – Manage mental, emotional and physical health
- Finance – Provide learning opportunities to help members achieve personal financial health
- Lifestyle – Maintain balance between work and life priorities
There are things that matter to our members and the wellbeing of our members matters to DLL!
At DLL, we are many things. We are team members, family members, community member. We are members of society, members of different cultures and nationalities. Members of change. We each have different beliefs, different passions, different viewpoints, talents and interests. We become from different backgrounds, cultures, nationalities and histories.
But for all of our differences, we share one thing in common: each of us are members of DLL.
Our company was founded in the Netherlands. But today we are truly a multinational business. Our unique culture is rooted in higher collaboration, less hierarchy and a honest directness that enable us to integrate, ideate and innovate across country lines.
Many companies say they are European, American, Asian or Australian, at DLL we are all these places and more.
We are a cross-culture collaborative – an interconnected network – that comes together every single day with one goal in mind: Partnering for a better world.
Good to Know
- Deadline for application: October 15, 2023
- The selection process may involve an assessment.
- Applications via email will not be reviewed. Please apply online via our career website: workingatdllgroup.com
- DLL’s referral program applies
- For more information, please contact our Talent acquisition partner Bennett Mario via [email protected]
DLL appreciates the time you spend applying to our openings. We advise only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted. Hiring subject to successful completion of a background check.
DLL is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation in accordance with our values and all applicable legislation.
Job Reference: DLLCA00764