Position: Equipment Manager
Earth Boring Co. Limited is a premier sewer and watermain contractor at the leading edge of the trenchless industry in southern Ontario. Employing up-to-date technology and the latest equipment, we specialize in complex high-profile projects. While our operations base is in the GTA, our works extend throughout Ontario. Over the decades, Earth Boring has developed a reputation for quality and is considered an established leader in underground construction. Our extensive experience in the sewer and watermain sector set us apart from our competitors. In every challenge we see opportunity to better our business and everyone who works within our Company.
What Earth Boring Offers
- Competitive salary to the market
- Excellent benefit coverage at no cost to the employee
- Dynamic environment with supportive leadership
- Opportunity to grow and develop your career.
- Casual work environment
- Stable organization with continued growth (over 75 years in business)
What is Required for the Position
- 7-10 years’ experience overseeing a maintenance shop and fleet.
- 5+ years’ experience in the construction industry (sewer and watermain exposure highly desirable)
- Education in the field of equipment maintenance, mechanical or process engineering preferred, or Millwright.
- High level of initiative, attention to detail and accuracy
- Sense of ownership and accountability for the department
- Embrace ‘apps’ and new technology in support of the needs of the business (experience with a variety of maintenance programs is desirable)
- Professional and open communicator
- Travel to site locations and yards as needed.
As the Equipment Manager you will manage and oversee all aspects relating to the effective operation of all equipment within the various construction sites and our yards. You will support our maintenance and parts department and be ultimately responsible for coordinating and organizing all installations, programing, repairs, and upkeep of the equipment supporting operations. You are a structured and organized and will ensure the organization remains compliant with all applicable legislation with respect to ESA, CSA equipment regulations.
- Maintain and enforce high standards for health and safety across all related areas.
- Manage and oversee all aspects relating to the effective operation and allocation of all equipment (i.e.. PM schedules, inspections, certifications, transportation, compliance, etc.)
- Develop systems to track utilization to support cost management of new equipment or liquidation of underutilized equipment.
- Coordinate and organize all installations, programing, repairs, and upkeep of the equipment to support the business/sites.
- Assign repair schedules and evaluate repair cost estimates.
- Oversee the Equipment Parts Inventory Management of the business.
- Track expenses and oversee the budget for maintenance.
- Govern the Fleet maintenance management requirements.
- Coach and mentor team members to foster a culture of quality, creativity, commitment, and collaboration within the department and business.
- Create, develop, innovate, and document solutions to make processes efficient, safer, and more productive.
- Collaborate with various stake holders within the organization to forecast current and future needs to develop department and business objectives to support growth initiatives.
- Other duties as assigned.
How To Apply
Click on the apply now button to submit your resume. Due to the high volume of resumes we will only be contacting candidates that best meet the needs of the business. Thank you for your interest in Earth Boring.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of associates so classified.
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity in all employment practices without regard to age, race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion, physical or mental disability, or any other category protected by law. As part of this commitment, the Company shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable an applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
Job Type: Full-time
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
Flexible Language Requirement:
- Maintenance Shop: 7 years (preferred)
- Construction: 5 years (preferred)
- 310S, 310T, 421A (preferred)
Work Location: In person