Pennecon is a leading provider of integrated solutions throughout the heavy civil, industrial, services & maintenance, and marine industries. Powered by an energetic team all across Canada, we are united by our passion and determination to deliver results on the most complex jobs and challenging environments. We are looking for dynamic individuals who can bring enthusiasm and innovative solutions to our various locations.
The Panel Shop, a Pennecon company, is currently accepting applications for the following positions:
Position: Technical Estimator/Project Manager
Location: Fredericton, NB
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the Technical Estimator/Project Manager will be responsible for:
· Reviewing bid documents, preparing bids, quotes and estimations, identifying potential opportunities, obtain technical documentation & specifications.
· Communicating with potential clients whether new or established and relationship building with all clients and suppliers.
· Managing projects and contracts from the bidding process through to purchase order acceptance to delivery and site commissioning.
· Managing customer and contractor documentation transmittals.
· Managing QAQC documentation and processes.
· Assisting in preparing project design specifications.
· Interfacing with the Production Manager and Shop Personnel.
The successful candidate will be results oriented, have attention to detail and a commitment to safe work practices and ISO 9001:2018 QA/QC processes. In addition, they will have excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
The ideal candidates will have qualifications in:
· A diploma in Engineering Technology, Instrumentation, or electrical trade certification.
· 3 years of relevant experience, or an acceptable combination of education and experience relevant to the position.
· An understanding of controls, automation, and manufacturing.
· Familiarity with bidding process, MS Office, and AutoCAD would be essential for this position.
· Ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects in a fast passed team environment.
Pennecon is committed to equity in employment and encourages all qualified individuals to apply. We thank all candidates for their interest, but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Find out more about Pennecon by visiting our website at www.pennecon.com.
Job Type: Full-time
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- RRSP match
- Vision care
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Fredericton, NB: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- construction estimating: 3 years (preferred)
Work Location: In person