Are you outgoing and customer-focused? Are you excited to help customers reach their insurance needs? If you answered yes to these questions, working for an insurance agent may be the career for you! We’re looking for a motivated, sales-oriented individual with a passion for the insurance industry. Our goal is to build strong relationships and increase our professional reputation. Are you looking for a full-time job with competitive compensation and long-term career prospects? Consider a position in our office.
We are located in Burlington, Ontario.
- Sales of auto insurance and home insurance to meet Agency targets.
- Respond to client inquiries regarding insurance availability, eligibility, coverages, policy changes, transfers, billing clarifications etc.
- Educate and advise clients on insurance products, while adhering to the company's underwriting policies.
- Work with the agent to establish and meet marketing goals.
- Use a customer-focused, needs-based review process to educate clients on their insurance options.
- Sales experience with a successful track record of meeting sales targets.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong work ethic with a total commitment to success each and every day.
- Ability to work as a team.
- Attention to detail.
What we offer:
- Property & Casualty Insurance license - OTL/RIBO (or must be able to obtain).
- Sales experience (must have).
- Good understanding of systems/ technology.
- College diploma in a related field is an asset.
- Previous experience in property & casualty insurance, sales or customer service is an asset.
- Industry leading salary plus commission
- Full-time, permanent position
- Monday to Friday office hours
- Paid time off (vacation and personal/sick days)
- Employee benefits
- Flexibility in start times
- Training provided
- Growth opportunities for advancement
These positions are with an independent contractor agent that is part of the Desjardins exclusive agent network, not with Desjardins Group or its subsidiaries. This agents’ employees are not employees of Desjardins. Independent contractor agents are responsible for and make all employment decisions regarding their employees.