Req ID: 23790
Vacancy Type: Permanent
Number of Positions: 1
Closing Date: 10/06/2023
Reporting to Marketing Supervisor, Tourism the successful candidate for this position is a highly motivated self-starter responsible for the marketing and promotional communication to raise the profile of the City of Mississauga as a destination of choice for Leisure, Business and Sport Travel.
As a member of the Tourism team, the successful candidate will manage the development of Tourism Mississauga's brand strategy, including paid media efforts across various mediums, brand voice, and ambassador relations with various partners and stakeholders.
The successful candidate will plan, organize, and execute campaign programs and properties for the Tourism Mississauga portfolio, including:
- Implement and manage the tourism marketing plan and strategy to include assigned programs and campaigns.
- Use available marketing communications channels effectively to promote tourism programs as well as identify opportunities for innovation.
- Responsible for application of the Visit Mississauga visual identity and effective use of the tourism and City of Mississauga brands.
- Act as a point of contact for local advertisers, sponsors, organizations and other partners; develop systems to ensure effective messaging to all stakeholders, clients and visitors.
- Liaison with creative services and agency partners to manage and brief in campaign projects and creative elements.
- Act as part of a team that ensures a quality visitor experience and consistent visitor messaging across various platforms and communications.
- Ensure alignment between marketing communications plans and other business or strategic plans to ensure campaigns are maximizing potential and driving results.
- Effectively work with internal Tourism digital marketing staff and collaborate external cross functional teams in other sectors or City departments.
- Responsible for having an awareness of market conditions, competitive positioning and demographics for a tourism audience to ensure marketing and programming are responsive to visiting customers and resident needs.
- Be responsive and maintain a high degree of customer service.
- Track appropriate campaign data and manage quarterly marketing reports and marketing update presentations.
- Identify target audience segments that are underrepresented or areas where program quality and reach could be improved.
- Budget recommendation & budget monitor/optimization.
- Detail oriented and organized, with diverse project management skills.
- Ability to travel as required.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Graduate of a post-secondary degree program in marketing, communications, hospitality or related discipline
- 4 + years of related experience in marketing and project management
- Experience within the tourism industry, government, events marketing, hospitality or agency related areas is considered an asset.
- Proven experience in all aspects of marketing communications including the development and implementation of strategic marketing plans, campaigns and promotional initiatives.
- Proven experience in the effective use of consumer communications and marketing strategies including outdoor and print media.
- Demonstrated project management experience, organizational and analytical skills.
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- The successful candidate must have the ability to work and adapt in a fast paced environment with a demonstrated ability to accomplish multiple tasks, meet deadlines and manage budgets.
Hourly Rate/Salary: $ 74,817.00 - $ 99,758.00
Hours of Work: 35
Work Location: Civic Centre
Department/Division/Section: CMS/Community Services Dept , CMS/Tourism Division , Marketing
Non-Union/Union: Non Union
A Criminal Record and Judicial Matters Check (Level 2) or Vulnerable Sector Check (Level 3) will be required of the successful candidate, at their own expense, to verify the absence of a criminal record for which a pardon has not been granted.
We thank all who apply, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. You can also check your application status in your candidate profile online.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, the City of Mississauga will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.