Mango Insurance is one of the fastest-growing insurance brokers in Canada consistently for the past three years. Currently operating in Alberta and Ontario, we will opening offices in Manitoba and California before the end of 2023. Mango Insurance works with leading insurance companies and, unlike brokers who have access to few insurers, this ensures that the customers get the best coverage and price for risk transfers to insurers. Our team of experienced risk consultants designs a balanced portfolio that includes risk mitigation and risk retention strategies.
Mango Insurance is recruiting a Producer to join our sales team.
This position is competitively compensated and open to industry leaders with a track record of excellence, looking to lead by example and contribute to the growth and success of our organization. Your day will consist not only of promoting and selling insurance solutions to a diverse group of commercial prospects but also of mining your contacts for referrals.
Pipeline / Generating Leads
- business to business selling
- cold calling, warm calling
- obtaining and following up on leads to ensure growth of the book of business, utilize the iWin prospect system, cold calling techniques, and client referrals
- prepare and submit complete submissions utilizing Mango Insurance Application & Submission formats, and provide full underwriting information to insurers to obtain the most competitive package available
Proposals & Presentations
- inform the customer/prospect of additional coverage’s and services the brokerage handles of which he or she may not have been aware, and interest them in these services
- prepare and present professional and competitive proposals to prospects detailing coverage’s and services of the brokerage
- perform client visits as necessary for prospecting, sales, inspections, claims, and service
- obtain and follow up on information concerning underwriting by completing Brokerage Applications
Sales & Sales Process
- Training on the Sales Playbook, along with Bignition
- Provide Pre-First meeting strategy on accounts; help producers identify our differentiation against our competition & resources necessary to win!
- Attend second call and first meetings
- Provide Post-Meeting debriefs; include an action plan to win or close the file
- Ensure the Sales Playbook is followed by all sales employees with ongoing training & development
- Audit failed new business opportunities to determine where improvements can be made, lessons learned
- Assist and monitor business plans for ongoing success
- Ensure adherence to Sales Playbook procedures and underwriting guidelines for the acquisition of new business
- Proactively foster positive working relationships with underwriting managers
- Attend carrier events as needed
- Attend and participate in staff meetings and company functions
- Take all steps to avoid, and report to the President, any potential Errors & Omissions or bad debt situations
- Abide by and adhere to the policies and procedures as outlined in the Policies and Procedures manual
- Other related duties as required
- Attend necessary courses and industry events to maintain licenses & designations
- Take management training courses, as required
Knowledge & Experience:
- 3+ years of commercial auto and property insurance experience
- Applicable Insurance Broker Provincial Licensing
- Post-secondary education or equivalent work experience within an insurance and risk consulting environment, preferably including one or more insurance related designations or degrees
- What makes you stand out:
- Ability to lead
- Ability to manage
- Ability to drive sales and growth
This job operates in a professional office environment. Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $60,000.00-$150,000.00 per year
- How many years of auto and property insurance do you have?
Work Location: In person