BWXT Precision Manufacturing Inc. is a subsidiary of BWXT Canada Ltd. BWXT Precision Manufacturing Inc. is a leading supplier of precision-machined components to the international nuclear industry. We specialize in the manufacture of fuel channel and feeder components, tooling and fueling machine spares. BWXT Precision Manufacturing Inc. is a subsidiary of BWXT Canada Ltd. BWXT Precision Manufacturing Inc. is a leading supplier of precision-machined components to the international nuclear industry. We specialize in the manufacture of fuel channel and feeder components, tooling and fueling machine spares.
Responsible for oversight of Production Operations ensuring safety, quality, cost and schedule performance is meeting department goals, while leading continuous improvement efforts to improve efficiency of process.
- Responsible for the day-to-day operations of the production process and provide direct leadership to Shift Supervisors.
- Provide direction and support to Supervisors in the management of production activities to ensure schedule and cost targets are met. This also includes support in the resolution of personnel problems.
- Achieve and maintain on time delivery performance by monitoring production plans, and schedules, establishing priorities, and making appropriate recommendations to manpower and capacity planning as required.
- Advise on alternate work centers, and investigate parallel manufacturing opportunities, coordinate facility / workforce sharing when possible and make sublet recommendations as necessary.
- Monitor and adjust work force requirements by maximizing production opportunities with a high degree of labour utilization.
- Ensure departmental performance, using established metrics, as well introducing new and appropriate measurements as needed to maintain internal control systems to ensure accountability.
- Identify patterns and problem areas and develop and implement effective strategies that will ensure product quality and efficiency in production processes.
- Review current production methods and costs and make recommendations for improvements.
- Develop, update & maintain favorable cost center budgets. Which includes monitoring and managing costs associated with the Machining and Assembly process.
- Review load-boards, and establish cost center work-force requirements.
- Participation in quarterly budget reviews.
- Review and monitor all non-conformance conditions, and interface with the Project Managers, and Quality Engineers to ensure corrective measures are implemented to avoid reoccurrence
- Work with department leaders in Quality, Engineering, Supply Chain and Project Management to ensure coordinated efforts are in-line to achieve desired outcomes and to identify recurring problems and ensure timely resolution.
- Lead or participate in root cause analysis of production issues or incident analysis.
- Interact with customers or customer inspectors to resolve quality or customer concerns.
- Ensure availability of tooling and other shop supplies by working with the appropriate department.
- Develop strong relationships with all stakeholders including customers and vendors.
- Ensure customer satisfaction, as well as create and develop plans to improve.
- Continuously communicate and embody the company vision and values.
- Evaluate employee performance and provide additional coaching and support as needed.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE:
- 10+ years working in a manufacturing environment with a focus on quality products and continuous efficiency improvement.
- Post-secondary degree/diploma in a Manufacturing or Production Planning or equivalent experience.
- Experience working in a CNC Machine shop an asset.
- Experience working in the nuclear or aerospace industry as asset.
- Understanding of manufacturing principals and how each department supports and interacts with each other.
- Ability to collaborate, form strong relationships with team members, and build comradery and cohesion in teams to ensure they are working toward common goals.
- Strong leadership skills with an emphasis on clear directions and accountability
- Excellent communication skills, highly organized, strong work ethic and computer literate.
We thank all who apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
BWXT Precision Manufacturing Inc. embraces diversity of thought, values individuality, encourages new perspectives and provides equal opportunity in employment for all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, ancestry, place of origin, color, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, record of offences, marital status, family status or disability, or any other category protected by provincial law.
BWXT Precision Manufacturing Inc. is committed to fostering an accessible, fair, and inclusive environment where all employees are able to access goods and services while being respected and supported. If you require accommodations during the application or interview process, please advise us as soon as possible so appropriate arrangements can be made. If you require information in a format that is accessible to you, please contact Human Resources
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From $95,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Oakville, ON L6L 5B8: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Manufacturing: 7 years (required)
- working in a CNC Machine Shop: 5 years (preferred)
- Management: 5 years (required)
- Nuclear/Aerospace Industry: 2 years (preferred)
Work Location: In person