R. Denninger Limited is one of the finest food companies in the world. For more than 60 years, quality has been the founding criteria of our company. Denninger’s has five retail locations, a manufacturing plant and a warehouse all located throughout Southern Ontario. Denninger’s associates are hand picked to provide the best service in the industry. If you have a passion for customer service and thrive in a team environment, Denninger’s is the place for you!
What We Offer
- A rewarding and fun work atmosphere
- Flexible work schedules
- Competitive wages
- 20% Staff discount across all locations
- 50% Staff discount at our Bistro/ Bitehaus
- Participation in Leadership Bonus Program
- Perks Program (Monthly Super Staff Discounts, Goodlife Discount, Perkopolis and more)
- Immediate health, vision and dental benefits upon hire
- Employee Assistance Program
- Access to 24/7 virtual health care
- Deferred Profit Sharing Plan (DPSP)
Job Summary: The role of the Assistant Store Manager is to manage the operation of the assigned Denninger store efficiently and effectively to achieve Sales and Net Operating Profit (NOP) goals while giving customers an excellent shopping experience.
Reports to: Store Manager
Sales & Gross Margin
- Assists in the execution of the Company's Merchandising and Promotional strategies to achieve the Company's sales objectives with the assistance of the Category Specialists
- Ensure proper procedures are followed including not limited to receiving, invoices, credits, store transfers, product rotation, etc
- Ensure quality control of all products
- Assists with labour control on a weekly basis
- Minimize all operational expenses (utilities, supplies, samples, waste, donations, etc.)
- Conduct regular, preventative maintenance of equipment to ensure proper functionality and control of equipment expenses
- Ensure proper staffing levels are maintained to ensure departmental efficiency and customer service
- Assist in the onboarding of new hires
- Provide ongoing training and guidance to all members of the team
- Assists with the performance management of all team members using employee meeting records and performance reviews (Store Manager to assist with the review and management of department heads)
- Ensure a harmonious and productive working environment in the store to maximize associate morale and performance
- Assists the Joint Health & Safety Committee Worker Representative with monthly inspections
- Updates and maintains weekly time and attendance system to ensure accurate attendance tracking
Policies and Procedures
- Ensure a safe and clean retail environment and compliance with all applicable legislation
- Support the Company’s core purpose and values
- Execute and enforce all Company policies and procedures
- Manage and report any accident, incidents, WSIB cases to Human Resources
- Reports maintenance repairs in accordance with the Company’s reporting procedure
All other duties as assigned by Management
- A minimum of 3 years in a similar retail leadership position
- Demonstrate a hands on management style
- Proven leadership skills and ability to delegate
- Demonstrate strong communication skills throughout all levels of the organization
- Demonstrates professionalism throughout all levels of the organization
- Proven ability to handle confidential information
- Excellent time management and administrative skills
- Requires strong computer skills, knowledge of Google Applications is an asset
Essential Job Functions
- Stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- Bend and stoop to grasp objects and climb ladders. Bend and twist neck and waist, reach above and below shoulders and squat.
- Bend and lift loads, not to exceed 50 pounds. Push and pull carts weighing up to 100 pounds.
- Repetitive use of hands for grasping, pushing, pulling, and fine manipulation.
- Environmental exposure to extreme temperatures (coolers, ovens, freezer, outdoors, etc.)
We thank all applicants, however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
Denninger's Limited is an equal opportunity employer and we value the importance of diversity and dignity in the workplace. If you are contacted by R. Denninger Limited regarding a job opportunity, please advise prior to the interview if you require accommodation and we will work with you to make appropriate arrangements.
Job Type: Full-time