At ICBC, it’s our job to make sure the car insurance system works for all British Columbians, today and in the future. If you want to make the most of your skills and expertise while growing your career, we want you. A career at ICBC is an opportunity to be part of a talented, diverse and inclusive team that is driven to serve its customers and community. You can expect a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits and a collaborative work environment. If you are reliable and dependable, contact us today to be part of our talented and diverse team as we work together to create an insurance system we can all be proud of.
We welcome applications from all qualified job seekers. If you are a job seeker with a disability, please let us know as adjustments can be made to help support you in delivering your best performance.
Marketing Communications Specialist
Job Title: Mktg Comm Specialist Reference Number: 118016
Location: North Vancouver Employment Type: Permanent Full Time
Hours of Work: 7.5 hr Day Shift (M-F) Posted Date: 2023/09/20
We are looking for a talented Marketing Communications Specialist who can strategically advise internal clients on effective marketing tactics, and coordinate marketing and promotional initiatives at ICBC within a multi-disciplinary, creative team. The successful candidate will have a strong understanding of marketing and communications within the public sector environment, experience with managing multi channel marketing initiatives from beginning to end, and proven experience working with clients in a complex organization. This position will work in the Creative Services team at our North Vancouver Head Office but also with ICBC departments across the province, creating materials that support ICBC’s customers, business partners and employees.
With proven marketing experience in a customer-centric environment, the Marketing Communications Specialist conceptualizes, executes and manages promotional materials for a variety of internal and external communications channels and marketing deliverables, including print advertisements, digital, brand experience, website, video, audio and social media. The ideal candidate has a passion for collaboration, strong project and time management skills, strong writing and editing skills, and the ability to distill complex concepts into effective, understandable and compelling marketing tactics.
Core duties and responsibilities:
- To strategically advise internal clients and external partners on effective marketing tactics and communications plans that engage and inform internal and external audiences across a range of corporate marketing materials.
- To plan, coordinate, and lead marketing and promotional tactics among Creative Services team members, involving other team members and stakeholders outside the department when required. To advise, revise and support the development of creative briefs and marketing plans when necessary.
- To maintain and manage project budgets and reporting as necessary, and managing billing related to marketing campaigns. To engage with service providers, such as printers and media partners, and other stakeholder groups within ICBC as required.
- To review and provide feedback on the work provided by other team members to maintain consistency in design, terminology and tone of voice, as well as compliance with corporate brand standards.
- To liaise with stakeholders across ICBC on project timelines, proofs and outcomes.
- To set project milestones and schedules in coordination with team members and internal clients.
- Interpret creative briefs for concept development needs, product/services campaigns, or communications. This includes determining objective, target audiences, industry requirements and research.
- To report on the impact of work, gathering analytics and statistics as required. To archive projects and host debriefs necessary.
- To review brand guidelines and legal documents related to trademarks as required.
- Plan priorities and adapt to changing demands and schedules.
Knowledge of the following areas is required:
- Knowledge and applied experience in marketing and communications campaign planning and management in a complex multi-stakeholder, customer-driven environment, such as public-sector or government.
- Understanding of best practices in content for marketing, communications and campaigns, including knowledge of social media, digital advertising and content marketing. Recent experience with communications tools, technologies and industry trends.
- The ability to execute and manage tactics for a wide variety of marketing and promotional channels such as digital, social,audio and print while adhering to deadline.
- The ability to plan and execute campaigns with a budget and measurable outcomes.
- The ability to think strategically, and to contribute creative ideas and concepts in collaboration with other team members.
- Experience linking corporate business functions and objectives with creative content creation.
- Experience with executing advertising under organizational brand guidelines.
- Detail oriented and able to review materials in-depth to assure accuracy prior to being published.
The above requirements would typically be met through completion of post-secondary education in marketing communications, marketing management, digital marketing, business administration (marketing) or related discipline and several years of related experience.
Please include a cover letter and resume with your application.
What we offer:
- Competitive Salary & Benefits: We are committed to providing industry competitive salary and benefits.
- Continuous Training: We offer continuous in-house training to ensure you are equipped with the knowledge to be successful in your role.
- Hybrid of On-site and Working from Home: We offer flexible working arrangements as we continue to support our employees in balancing their career and family commitments.
- Engaging Culture: We promote an inclusive and diverse work environment.
This role is a Bargaining Unit position. The annual salary for this position is $70,288.40 (or $2,703.40 bi-weekly).
Only candidates legally entitled to work in Canada will be considered for this position.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $70,288.40 per year
Work Location: In person