At Murphy Hospitality Group we pride ourselves on an exceptionally high standard of quality service and products. It takes the best people to reach this high standard of excellence. We believe in extensive training and providing our people with an excellent benefits program, competitive wages, advancement and professional development opportunities. At MHG its all about the people!
Soon, we will welcome you into MHGâ€™s newest culinary concept, an authentic Italian neighbourhood experience. We cannot wait for you to enjoy our collection of traditional Italian recipes, a carefully curated selection full of well-loved dishes, packed with bold and bountiful flavour.
As Assistant General Manager, You Will
Work under the direction of the General Manager and with the front of house management team taking an active role in all aspects of restaurant operations. Including, staffing, scheduling, cost controls, staff training, and administration. The Assistant General Manager will be responsible for overseeing team members and taking an active role during daily service, consistently providing quality service to our guests.
- Demonstrate and communicate the restaurant vision and culture to all team members and lead by example
- Ensure team members provide a memorable guest experience through coaching and fostering a positive working culture by reinforcing the MHG values daily, exciting team members with their positive nature
- Work with the General Manager and management team to meet all projected goals when it comes to restaurant operations and the vision of MHG including marketing, human resources, financials, and cost controls
Work collaboratively with management team to build a strong wine and cocktail program
- Encourage a culture that revolves around memorable guest experiences, craft beer, and quality food
- Train and develop team members in various positions within the front of the house
- Coach team members through conflict resolution and problem-solving
- Work for maximum efficiency and continual improvement of staff productivity
- Perform all front of house duties as needed, including hosting, bartending serving and expediting.
- Build and maintain authentic relationships with guests and team members
Who You Are / What You Bring
- Experience working in a full-service high volume restaurant
Strong wine knowledge
- Previous experience in front of house restaurant management is considered a strong asset
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment, juggling different priorities
- Strong organizational skills
- Applicants must possess a passion for creating memorable guest experiences
- Must possess a goal-oriented individual with a desire for personal and professional development within the hospitality industry
What We Offer
Tip Share program
Comprehensive health, medical, dental coverage
Discounted gym memberships and wellness reimbursement
Growth and professional development opportunities
MHG discounts across Atlantic Canada
Employee Family Assistant Program
Paid vacation time
- RRSP Matching