Are you outgoing and customer-focused? Are you excited to help customers reach their insurance needs? If you answered yes to these questions, working for an Insurance agent may be the career for you! We’re looking for a motivated, sales-oriented individual who has a passion for the insurance industry. Our goal is to build up strong relationships and increase our professional reputation with our customers. If you are a motivated individual who thrives in a fast-paced environment, then this is your opportunity for a career in our office!
- Establishes personalized telephone contact with the client. Creates a climate of trust conducive to the sale of a home or auto insurance policy. Educates and advises our clients on our products, while adhering to the company's underwriting policies.
- Work with the agent to establish and meet marketing goals.
- Use a customer-focused, needs-based review process to educate customers about insurance options.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Successful record of meeting sales goals/quotas.
- Sales experience (preferred).
- Familiarity with all types of insurance plans.
- Experience in delivering client-focused solutions and building relationships.
- Interest in marketing products and services based on customer needs.
- Ability to give presentations.
- Ability to attract new clients and retain current ones.
- Basic math skills.
- Previous insurance experience in various property and casualty disciplines, such as underwriting, claims, sales or service would be an asset.
- Property and Casualty license (preferred/ must be able to obtain).
- Prior sales experience.
- must be hard working, Loyal, and learn quickly.
These positions are with an independent contractor agent that is part of the Desjardins exclusive agent network, not with Desjardins Group or its subsidiaries. This agents’ employees are not employees of Desjardins. Independent contractor agents are responsible for and make all employment decisions regarding their employees.