Mitacs is a national not-for-profit that helps industry and not-for-profit partners solve strategic challenges by leveraging Canada’s world-class post-secondary talent and a global network of industry, academic, and government partnerships. Through these collaborations, Mitacs helps business and community partners succeed, improves students’ on-the-job skills development, and strengthens Canada’s world-class innovation ecosystem. At Mitacs, we strive to develop the next generation of innovators with vital research and business skills. In partnership with domestic and international companies, governments, and academia, we support a new economy using Canada’s most valuable resource – its people.
To get a better understanding of Mitacs and read more about our values, please visit our website.
**This position can be fully remote or hybrid near Mitacs offices in Ottawa, Montreal, Toronto or Vancouver.
The Senior Digital Marketing Specialist is responsible for ensuring the strategic alignment between Mitacs goals and the development and execution of marketing campaigns to meet those objectives. This requires a proven experience in digital marketing, measured by key performance indicators for delivering results across specific channels, including web, social, paid search, SEO, email, and more.
The Senior Digital Marketing Specialist will report directly to the Marketing Director. The main duties and responsibilities are:
- Lead the strategy and execution of digital marketing campaigns
- Collaborates with the Marketing Director and internal stakeholders to identify and manage marketing needs and requirements to meet strategic objectives.
- Develops work plans, including scope, budget, schedule, and tactical implementation, ensuring alignment with established strategies.
- Work collaboratively and cross-functionally with peers and external services providers in the execution of multi-channel marketing campaigns.
- Track and measure the effectiveness of marketing campaigns and strategies.
- Assists the Marketing Director with developing and monitoring operational and project budgets.
- Actively monitor emerging trends and best practices in digital marketing methods and techniques to continuously improve marketing tactics, workflows and reporting
- In-depth experience in effectively using of marketing automation tools and associated trigger and nurture campaigns to generate leads, opportunities and growth
- Adept at working with an in-house creative team to achieve effective messaging and design of marketing assets
- Experience working closely with Business Development and Client Success teams
- Other duties may be assigned.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in a discipline such as business administration or marketing and communications or related area of study OR equivalent combination of experience and post-secondary education
- 5+ years' experience in digital marketing
- Deep understanding and proven experience in digital touchpoints and customer and prospect multi-channel journeys. B2B preferred.
- Knowledge of web programs and social media networks, including Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn
- Knowledge of digital advertising platforms such as Google Ads and Meta Advertising
- Knowledge of SEO/SEM best practices
- Experience with WordPress
- Experience with landing page creation and applications such as Unbounce, an asset
- Metrics driven and the ability to draw insights from complex marketing data
- Proficiency with CRM tools and customer databases
- Excellent project management and communication skills, both oral and written.
- Must have excellent oral, written, and presentation skills.
- Experience with Agile methodologies and frameworks for marketing
- English is mandatory. Bilingual ( French and English) is considered an asset
Equity, diversity, and inclusion (EDI) and decolonization are core values at Mitacs. We believe a diverse workforce comprised of individuals with different ideas, strengths, interests, and backgrounds (e.g., gender identities and expressions, Indigeneity, race, abilities, sexual orientation, and other identities) are crucial to our success. We welcome everyone to apply, and encourage you to connect with us if you require accommodations during the recruitment process.