Lake Country Co-op is hiring for a Home Centre Team Leader onsite at our Home Centre located in Prince Albert, SK.
If you are looking to use your industry knowledge and leadership skills to take the Home Centre to the next level, then Lake Country Co-op is looking for you! You will be responsible for the oversight, leadership, and management of the Home Centre with multiple product categories including building materials, hardware, flooring, and seasonal garden center.
What you’ll do:
- Responsible for the management, maintenance, and security of the store location, property, and rolling stock while providing operational direction and oversight in the implementation of programs and policies.
- Oversee adherence to brand and merchandising standards, marketing efforts, and image standards.
- Responsible for achieving budgeted goals through pricing, sales, margins, expenses, and inventory control in each commodity.
- Responsible for building strong customer relationships, delivering solutions, and overseeing and monitoring client satisfaction levels.
- Provide leadership to the team members and team leaders including the functions of acquisition, training, development, coaching and performance management.
- Oversee the adherence to the Safety Management and Asset Protection systems, policies, procedures, records, and training requirements.
- Articulate and effectively communicate a vision for success to the store leaders and team members.
- Actively collaborate with leaders in the HABS business unit and in community events in the Prince Albert area.
- Embody our values of Honesty, Innovation, Responsibility and Respect.
Who you’ll work with:
The Team: Reporting to the Director, HABS, you will be a key participant in initiating, developing, and executing plans and policies to ensure continued growth in sales, service, and customer satisfaction. You will lead the department managers on this fun and passionate team to cultivate a culture of collaboration and customer focus.
The Community: Lake Country Co-op is in one of the best areas for hunting, fishing, and outdoor experiences in Western Canada. It’s a short drive to Prince Albert National Park that has over 1,500 lakes to visit and countless activities and events to choose from! The city of Prince Albert has several parks and recreational activities as well. From Little Red River Park to The Mann Art Gallery, Alfred Jenkins Field House, and EA Rawlinson Centre For The Arts, there’s fun-filled activities for the entire family. No matter the season, there’s endless adventure possibilities within an hour's drive, making Prince Albert like no other place in Canada!
Why it matters:
Our Lake Country Co-op team provides a range of products and services to support over 55,000 member-owners in 20 different communities. Through the work that we do, and annual sales of over $650 million, we help to build, fuel, feed, and grow our communities together.
Who you are:
You are looking for a role in Retail Store Operations and:
- Have 5-7 years of relevant experience in the home and building, construction industry, or retail industry, with at least 5 years of progressive leadership experience.
- Have a construction or carpentry accreditation and/or specialization in project estimating.
- Are highly organized and innovative with excellent analytical thinking, planning, prioritization, and execution skills.
- Have superior decision making and interpersonal skills.
- Are experienced working with a larger team in a unionized setting.
- Are honesty, trustworthy, results oriented, and proud of that work that you do.
What we offer:
- Competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package, and an employer matched pension plan.
- Encouragement to take advantage of learning opportunities, to grow and develop and to foster a culture of teamwork and innovation.
- Lake Country Co-op does business differently. As a co-operative, we believe in working together to provide an exceptional experience to customers and members to enhance the success and vibrancy of our communities, delivering profits back, and investing in sustainable growth. To learn more about who we are and how you can help bring our Lake Country Co-op brand to life, visit us at lakecountryco-op.crs
If you share our commitment to our communities combined with a fresh, innovative vision for our future, please apply online or send your resume to Tammy Nilson Director, People and Culture, at [email protected] by October 10, 2023. Team Members interested in the above position are to inform their immediate supervisor of their intentions before they apply.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations throughout the recruitment process to ensure an enjoyable candidate experience. If you require an accommodation during the recruitment process, we invite you to submit your requests to us at [email protected]. All information received will be kept confidential.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected to continue in the recruitment process will be contacted. FCLHP
At Lake Country Co-op, we embrace diversity and inclusion, and we are working to create a workplace that is as diverse as the communities we serve. We support and provide an environment that allows all to bring their whole selves to work.
Job Type: Full-time
Work Location: In person