We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a
culture of inclusion
for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Title and Summary
Software Engineer II
Mastercard's Decision Management Platform seeks Software Engineer II to join our team in our Vancouver office. As a Software Engineer II, you will play a crucial role in the design, development, and maintenance of software applications. Your deep knowledge of Java will be put to work creating robust, efficient, and scalable software solutions. You will collaborate with cross-functional teams, participate in code reviews, and drive software quality.
The Decision Management program enables intelligent decision-based products through streaming analytics with the ability to govern these decisions and manage their outcomes with business agility. This program leverages business rules & AI engines, a streaming big data cluster, an in-memory data grids, APIs, & UIs to deliver real time decisions at global scale.
- Develop, test, and maintain Java-based applications with a focus on quality and performance.
- Build scalable and efficient software solutions.
- Write code to do unit testing, integration testing and functional testing.
- Manage and query data effectively.
- Analyze and troubleshoot complex technical issues, identifying root causes and implementing effective solutions to ensure smooth system operation.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to design and implement software features.
- Optimize software for speed, scalability, and reliability.
- Participate in code reviews to ensure code quality and adherence to coding standards.
- Participate in all the Scrum ceremonies.
- Document software designs, technical specifications, and testing procedures.
- Collaborate with team members to understand requirements and translate them into technical specifications.
- Continuously improve and optimize existing software applications.
- Keep current with industry developments, emerging technologies, and best practices in software engineering.
All About You:
- Strong programming skills with deep knowledge of Java.
- Excellent knowledge of Spring and other relevant frameworks.
- Good knowledge of unit testing and mocking frameworks like JUnit, Mockito, or EasyMock.
- Good knowledge of SQL and experience working with Oracle databases.
- Proven experience developing high-performance applications.
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team-oriented environment.
- Excellent communication and documentation skills.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related field.
- Experience with testing frameworks like Rest Assured, Selenium with WebDriver, etc.
- Experience with IBM ILOG/ODM and Pivotal GemFire Grid.
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, etc.
- Experience with working with Angular.
Mastercard is an inclusive equal opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. In the US or Canada, if you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process or during the recruitment process, please contact [email protected]
and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Vancouver, Canada: $83,000 - $133,000 CAD