At VertiGIS, we build powerful GIS software. Our portfolio of products, solutions, and services enhance the capabilities of leading mapping software, most notably Esri’s ArcGIS. For decades, professionals have relied upon us to overcome complex technical challenges so that they can make a significant impact in the world.
VertiGIS offers challenging and meaningful careers. Our employees help make a difference in the world through our technologies. We believe every individual contributes to a company’s culture through attitude, interests, and skills. Our teams are comprised of passionate, high-performing individuals that come from a diverse set of educational, cultural, and professional backgrounds. Together we strive to do great work, support each other in growth, and have fun!
Over 1,500 organizations around the world rely on VertiGIS to design, develop and maintain both web and mobile based mapping applications. We believe geographic information over the web and on mobile devices can empower people to make better decisions about their lives, society, and the world around us. You can help us make a difference.
This challenging position offers the opportunity to build new skills and gain experience with our Products team. Your abilities and interests will strongly influence the nature of this position at VertiGIS North America.
Software product development, which may involve research and analysis, product design, coding, unit tests, defect verification, release testing, and beta support
- Designing and developing spatial applications and frameworks for the web and native mobile devices
- Working with a variety of development technologies and approaches including on-premises and SaaS deployment, back-end services, and front-end UI
Diploma/degree in computer science, software engineering, or equivalent competency
- This role specifies a range of Junior to Intermediate: for Intermediate, we expect the candidate to have 3+ years working experience as a software developer
- Proven top-notch programming capabilities
- A proven ability to learn and master new technologies quickly
- Well versed in software version control concepts
- Familiar with asynchronous programming concepts
- Familiar with Agile software development concepts
- Demonstrable interpersonal and communication skills for success in a team environment
- The capacity to work, troubleshoot, and solve problems independently
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
Would love to see
Experience with UX driven development
- Experience with WCAG and accessibility concepts
- Experience with Cloud Computing frameworks (Azure, AWS, etc.)
- Experience with application deployment frameworks (Containerization, Kubernetes, Docker, etc.)
- Experience with GIS and/or spatial systems (ESRI, OGC, etc.)
Team / Career Growth
Top-notch colleagues that like and respect one another
- We listen to peoples' ideas—and act on them
- A supportive environment with opportunity for training, professional development, and advancement
- Challenging, interesting work
- Cutting edge technology that improves the world around us
- Bottomless book budget
- Company summer and winter parties (that are fun to attend)
We're recognized experts in our field—people around the world seek us out
- Our clients like us
- We're debt-free and profitable
- Fair, equitable salaries, a good group benefits program, health spending account, RRSP matching, and profit sharing
A hybrid working model allowing employees to split time between the office and home
- A central downtown office location overlooking Victoria's Inner Harbour
- An amazing rooftop patio
- Secure bike storage and showers
- Lunchtime yoga on Wednesdays and Fridays
- Healthy snacks
- Good coffee (we know how important this is)
We’re a great place to build your career.
Our colleagues are great people and make our company the kind of place we enjoy coming to every day. We reward top performers and stay true to our core values. Since 1999, we’ve built our business based on steady, sustainable growth – we’re still growing and our future is bright!
Note: To avoid potential formatting issues, we require that you submit your resume and cover letter as PDF files. We currently have multiple positions available, so please indicate in your cover letter if you are more suited to a web or a mobile development position.