Cavendish Farms is a leading producer of frozen food products for retail and foodservice markets throughout Canada, the United States, and around the world. We have state-of-the-art potato processing plants in Prince Edward Island, Lethbridge, Alberta, and Jamestown, North Dakota, and an appetizer plant in Wheatley, Ontario. Our Head office is in Dieppe, New Brunswick and has sales office locations in Toronto, Montreal, and Boston.
The Recruiter is responsible for providing recruiting expertise by developing recruitment strategies in alignment with business’ workforce planning needs. The incumbent will work to attract, source, and select key talent for the organization through various channels.
Relationships and Contacts:
This position reports to the Human Resources Manager as well as all other members of the HR team. The Recruiter will also interact with both hourly and salary staff as well as the respective department managers.
- Develop recruitment plans to meet business needs in partnership with the Hiring Managers.
- Execute the recruitment process including posting, attracting, sourcing, interviewing, and recommending high quality candidates.
- Execute talent evaluation and screening (e.g., analyzing resumes for relevant skills, knowledge, and qualifications, conducting screening interviews, assisting managers with interviews, testing/ranking candidates, checking references and providing feedback to unsuccessful candidates)
- Build and maintain a network of contacts to ensure a pipeline of talent is readily available to meet business needs.
- Execute comprehensive recruitment marketing plans (including a social media platform) to source qualified candidates.
- Assist with developing relationships and the planning and execution of key career awareness events and opportunities including student recruitment, career fairs and post-secondary partnerships.
- Facilitate annual work force planning processes.
- Participate in HR/recruitment business improvement initiatives and identify opportunities to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of our recruitment processes.
- Communicate and maintain strong relationships with recruitment agencies to identify the needs for and assist in the management of temporary employees.
- Manage internal applicants and movements within the internal workforce.
- Using or wearing the protective equipment designated by the accident prevention policy.
- Follow safe work procedures.
- Reporting immediately to their supervisor any unsafe conditions or acts.
- Reporting all accidents or injuries to your supervisor immediately.
- Commitment to Quality System Policy
- Enforce quality and food safety programs within the role.
- Communication of food safety issues to related department and action within the role.
- Active participation in food safety, food security, health, sanitation, hygiene, and quality program within the role
Qualifications and Abilities:
- Post-secondary education is preferred.
- 2-4 years of relevant/progressive experience in recruitment.
- Computer proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite of software – MS Excel, MS Word, Outlook.
- Must possess strong interpersonal, communication, presentation, and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated ability to ensure integrity of data and confidentiality of employee information.
- Working knowledge in full cycle recruiting, using various sourcing and interviewing techniques and evaluation methods is an asset.
- Proficiency with social media, CV databases and professional networks.
- Demonstrated experience in managing high quality recruitment, preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- The successful candidate will be detail oriented and will possess an ability to multi-task in an ever-changing, fast-paced environment.
- A demonstrated willingness to learn, live and teach our Cavendish Farms leadership values.
- Strong team player with problem-solving capabilities,
- Ability to get things done within a decentralized environment with minimal supervision,
- Positive and professional approach with willingness to learn and enjoys challenging oneself.
We appreciate your interest in our company! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Cavendish Farms Corporation is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.