CANADIAN TIRE EXPERIENCE AN ASSET
MUST BE ONTARIO RESIDENT
The Parts Manager is responsible for Managing and directing the Parts Department as well as distribution of parts to customers and employees, both commercial and the general public. They will run a profitable department and manage items such as inventory control, staffing, and security. They may be responsible for pricing and display of parts.
The MAJOR TASKS are listed below, but the incumbent may be assigned to other duties.
- Establish department objectives, jointly with his/her supervisor, and attains them.
- Every month analyzes reports on sales, and stock to ensure that profitability objectives are met.
- Keeps a balanced stock, corresponding to the needs of the service department Controls and adjusts stock to minimize obsolete items.
- Maintains efficient communications within his/her department, as well as with other departments. Endeavours to promote harmony and a team spirit with all other departments.
Tasks related to purchasing and price setting
- Orders parts.
- Ensures that all orders are stocked and recorded according to instructions.
- Manages the purchase of parts from sources other than the manufacturer.
- Ensures that parts are in stock or can be obtained from various sources (manufacturer, dealer and the like) always.
- Establishes parameters for price setting which generate sufficient gross profit to produce satisfactory profits for each category of customer.
Tasks related to administrative follow-up
- Follows up and verifies invoicing, customer RO"s, claims and credits, to ensure that they are accurate.
- Ensures that all parts are correctly labelled,
- Ensures that credit is granted for returned parts.
- Manages returned parts and subtracts them from the inventory once credit has been granted.
- Follows up on parts to be replaced (under warranty) and parts to be returned, based on the manufacturer’s requirements.
- Reconciles the inventory and sends a copy to accounting at the end of the month.
- At the end of the month, provides the accounting department with information on appreciation and depreciation.
- Provides the accounting department with the claims information in a timely manner, so that a list of customer accounts can be prepared.
- Manages shipping and receiving activities, to ensure that processing takes place in a timely manner.
- Installs and implements measures to prevent theft in the parts department.
- Manages the annual inventory taking of the parts.
Tasks related to the management of human resources
- Conducts formal evaluations of the performance of the personnel reporting to him/her, at set intervals.
- Trains and motivates the personnel reporting to him/her and participates in hiring these personnel, jointly with his/her supervisor.
- Encourages teamwork in a sales environment focused on the clientele, throughout the entire sales, delivery and follow-up process.
- Participates in managing the building, based on management instructions.
- Takes part in management meetings.
- Replaces the parts clerk, as necessary.
- Maintains a professional appearance.
- Performs other duties, based on management requirements and instructions.
Job Types: Casual, Permanent, Full-time
Salary: Up to $191,919.00 per year
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Mississauga, ON L5N 4B7: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- parts management: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person