We are looking for a full-time Creative Writer to join us. Please apply with your resume and a detailed cover letter outlining your interest in the role and how your skills and experience align with the requirements. Short-listed candidates will be given a relevant writing assignment(s) to help ensure we find the best fit skills-wise, then it just boils down to the interview, where you’ll dazzle us with your personality and help us understand why you’d like to be part of our team.
Creative Writer Job Purpose
Reporting to the Director of Operations, the Creative Writer specializes in developing and finalizing narrative, instructional and promotional content that is engaging, accessible and motivating. This role works collaboratively to conceptualize, develop and produce engaging content that aligns our brand. The Creative Writer’s work will capture and hold the attention of any target audience and will motivate them to achieve positive outcomes for themselves, their colleagues, their teammates and their families.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Creating engaging and compelling written content for our training software and various promotional or streaming platforms.
- Writing clear, concise, and informative content that aligns with the target audience and meets the goals of the project.
- Ensure accurate and up to date content by partnering with our research team and using scientific data to create content. Accurately define and complete project requirements and timelines with direction given by multiple stakeholders. Collaborate with key stakeholders to create engaging, interactive training elements that enhance the user’s and administrator’s experience.
- Participating in the development and maintenance of a content calendar that outlines content creation planning and publication schedules.
- Adapting writing style, literacy level, industry vernacular and emotive tone to suit different platforms and mediums, maintaining consistency and brand voice across all channels.
- Proofreading and editing content for grammar, spelling, punctuation, and overall readability.
- Staying up to date with industry trends, emerging technologies, and best practices in creative writing for B2B and B2B2C SaaS solutions.
- Collaborating with other team members, such as subject matter experts, marketers, and project managers, to gather input and feedback for content development.
- Participating in brainstorming sessions and content ideation to contribute creative ideas and concepts for multimedia projects.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree, diploma, or certificate in communication, journalism, technical, professional, or creative writing, or demonstrable experience writing content for published spoken word or rich-media content.
- Proven ability to work with multi-faceted team of creative and development personnel
- The ability to consistently meet tight deadlines
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- An understanding of adult learning principles and instructional design
- Solid knowledge of word processing software
- Sense of humor, dedication and pride in your work, and the willingness to pitch in
- Ability to work on multiple assignments and projects and has superior time management skills. W
- May require working evenings and weekends
- May require travel
- Must be able to access various departments of a given location.
Why work for headversity?
- In addition to working with a great team, we also offer the following perks:
- Full health and dental benefits from 1st day of employment
- Flexible Spending Account
- Starting 4 weeks' vacation: 3 weeks your choice and 1 over the Christmas to New Years break
- Hybrid work in Calgary or remote if outside of Calgary.
- Learning and Development opportunities
- Access to headversity to help build your personal resilience
headversity is an equal opportunity workplace, committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
If you have a disability or special needs requiring accommodation for an interview or workplace, please let our Human Resources Department know.