WCD (formerly West Canadian Digital Imaging) is a leading on-demand digital print and information solutions provider headquartered in Calgary, Alberta. We help our customers transform their business, empower their people, and share their story. As a proud 70-year-old Canadian company, we breed a positive culture for entrepreneurs, doers, collaborators, and team players. We service customers across Canada with a deep commitment to customer service, innovation, quality, and high performance.
The Director of Marketing (DOM) is a dynamic and experienced marketing leader with a passion for B2C marketing and ecommerce. The DOM is a self-initiating, strategic thinker and data-driven decision-maker who is responsible for creating and executing innovative marketing campaigns that will expand our market awareness and online presence for consumers and businesses alike.
Specific responsibilities include spearheading all acquisition- and retention-based marketing initiatives for WCD and related brands through a strategic combination of digital marketing (SEO, SMM, Email, etc.), sales enablement, events and sponsorships, branding, communications, and key messaging. Must also have proven experience building and developing an internal marketing team.
Central to this role is a deep understanding of the company’s capabilities and offerings to promote and position its products and services in an effective and compelling way. The DOM is a seasoned marketing professional who knows how to balance strategy and effective leadership/delegation with hands on work. The DOM must have exceptional written and verbal communication skills and must stay current on marketing trends, methodologies, and technology.
As a leader in the organization, the successful candidate will act as a brand ambassador to WCD, and exemplify our values of teamwork, integrity, excellence, bravery, creativity, and care.
Overall, the DOM will be evaluated based on their ability to:
1. Team Leadership: Build and manage a high-performing marketing team by providing guidance, mentorship, and resources to achieve departmental goals.
2. Develop and Execute Acquisition Strategies: Create and implement comprehensive B2C and ecommerce acquisition strategies to drive customer growth, revenue, and market share. Measure success through key performance indicators (KPIs) such as customer acquisition cost (CAC), conversion rates, and return on ad spend (ROAS).
3. Data-Driven Decision-Making: Analyze marketing data and customer insights to make informed decisions, optimize campaigns, and identify opportunities for growth. Utilize data to develop personalized customer journeys and improve conversion rates.
4. Brand Development: Work in close collaboration with WCD Creative Services team to shape and enhance the company's brand identity. Ensure brand consistency across all marketing initiatives.
5. Budget Management: Manage the marketing budget efficiently, allocate resources effectively, and demonstrate ROI for marketing investments.
6. Partnership and Vendor Management: Collaborate with external agencies, vendors, and partners to execute marketing initiatives and leverage industry expertise.
7. Performance Monitoring: Monitor and report on the performance of marketing initiatives regularly, providing actionable insights and recommendations for continuous improvement.
Upward: VP Sales & Marketing
Direct Reports: Marketing Coordinator
Program Manager Ecommerce (TBD)
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in business, marketing, communications, or related field
- 5-8 years of proven experience in developing and executing successful B2C and ecommerce acquisition strategies
- 2+ years in a leadership capacity
Skills and Competencies
- Exceptional leadership, team management and interpersonal skills
- Confident and charismatic team player with strong relationship-building skills
- Polished, yet determined entrepreneurial self-starter who can handle multiple projects and drive them to completion effectively
- Demonstrated strength in conceptual strategy and execution, while still maintaining a “roll-up-your-sleeves” management style
- Experience with branding and communication strategy and oversight
- Proficient in data analysis, marketing automation and relevant marketing tools
- Strong understanding of current marketing trends and technologies
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Highly detail-oriented and organized
- Strategic thinking and problem-solving abilities
- A resourceful problem solver who comes to work with a positive attitude
- Takes initiative and acts with confidence, maturity, and professionalism
Must demonstrate strong understanding of:
- Marketing plan and budget management
- Website/ecommerce design and administration best practices (basic understanding of HTML/CSS)
- Microsoft 365 including Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Marketing and Email Automation Software (i.e., Pardot)
- CRM Software (i.e., Salesforce)
- Survey software (i.e., SurveyMonkey)
This role works full-time, onsite at our Calgary headquarters with potential for occasional remote work after the first three months, based on performance. The corporate work environment is described as professional, entrepreneurial, responsive, collaborative, and team oriented. Standard hours of operation are 8:00am – 4:30pm, Monday through Friday. Demands may require work hours outside of standard hours of operation. Some travel may also be required.
Benefits of Working with WCD
At WCD we offer a structured career path and excellent team environment.
Our employees enjoy a variety of benefits including:
- Competitive compensation plan
- Generous paid holidays and personal days
- Competitive benefits plan
- Professional development allowance
- Potential for flexible working arrangements
- Modern offices in the heart of Inglewood
Join WCD to grow you career, expand your knowledge, and become part of a fun team committed to customer success.
Job Type: Full-time
Work Location: In person