ABOUT JMIR PUBLICATIONS
JMIR Publications is a rapidly growing open access publisher of peer-reviewed STEM journals, with an emphasis on medicine, health, and technology titles. The ambitious vision of JMIR Publications is to lead the transformation to open science and to contribute to a world where people are empowered by health research and technology to make effective and informed decisions.
Come help us make a real difference in open science.
We are looking to hire a talented Digital Marketing Specialist to join our team to help us in our overall marketing efforts. You will be an integral part of the execution of marketing plans to reach targets from brand awareness to product promotion and author submissions. Our ideal candidate has the ability to translate data, research and marketing plans that inform branding with campaign development and monitoring.
- Coordinate, create, and place content for the company’s social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and LinkedIn, as part of an internal marketing team.
- Work with the Marketing and Sales teams about content development, topics, and opportunities.
- Manage keywords and search engine optimization (SEO), track statistics and analytics.
- Manage email and online social media messaging and conversations.
- Stay knowledgeable about industry developments and trends including design methods, software, academic publication specifics and applicable rules and regulations.
- Provide Marketing Department support as needed.
- Monitor, capture and share interactivity regularly.
- Plan and schedule social media content for long and short-term objectives.
- Help develop visual content for images, posts, video and messaging.
- Research and recommend trends, social channels and influencers.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Carry out assignments and meet deadlines.
- Energize JMIR Publications’ social media presence as part of a team.
- Manage, lead, and update social media.
- Monitor email, social and CRM inboxes and chat modules.
- Participate in design and graphics for social media and landing pages.
- Assist in maintaining a library of search terms (keywords) and related analysis for search engine optimization and targeted advertising.
- Participate in managing JMIR Publications landing pages to identify enhancement opportunities, refinements and improvements.
- Social media experience with a marketing, communications, or creative design background.
- Understanding of the scholarly publishing industry - market, segmentation, and profiles.
- Strong language and communication skills, including proofing and editing. Self-starter with ability to monitor, organize, and manage multiple projects.
- Proficient knowledge of CRM and social media scheduling software such as HubSpot.
- Graphic and business software including the components of HubSpot design tools (Canva, drag and drop editors), Adobe Creative Suite, Google Suite, Analytic software.
- Ability to provide an opinion and explanation, receive critique, coordinate messaging, and create design balancing multiple dynamics.
- An openness and willingness to learn and share.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. All staff must perform other duties as assigned by immediate supervisor and management as required related to digital marketing initiatives.
Please provide your application with a CV.
JMIR Publications is an equal opportunity employer. We wish to thank all those who apply; however, only those individuals whose skills and experience most closely match our requirements will be contacted by a member of our team.
All interviews will be held via video conference. Please send your resume as a PDF or MS Word attachment and include a personal email address.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $55,000.00-$70,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
Flexible Language Requirement:
Work Location: In person