DNSnetworks is looking for an experienced Level 2 - technical support engineer who thrive on tackling diverse challenges in unique environments. Working in teams, the ideal candidate will directly contribute to operations via the timely delivery of technical solutions in support of the service delivery and operations team. You will have the opportunity to contribute and influence project deliverables that support technical operations, including the collection, processing, and analysis of data in support of DNSnetworks investigations.
Successful candidates will benefit from continuous learning where your technical skills will be developed, maintained and enhanced. In addition, you will be exposed to specialized security, cloud, infrastructure and application related technologies.
The technical support engineer's main responsibilities:
Support, design, develop, enhance, and implement computer application systems and programs.
- Evaluate the performance of existing computer systems, plan and direct upgrades and improvements, troubleshoot problems / test and resolve issues.
- Provide recommendations to enhance IT systems and services.
- Support, administer, configure, and install software and hardware products and systems.
- Implement new products or upgrades in a network operating system environment by determining the feasibility, the cost / benefit, assessing the impact to all clients.
- Liaise with clients (including senior management and executive), partners and external vendors to resolve issues and recommend next steps.
- Develop, evaluate and test new technologies.
- Responsible for providing 24/7 first tier management and support.
- Provide access to all IT network services.
- Responsible for ensuring changes to the IT infrastructure.
- Responsible for Configuration Management.
Undergraduate degree or Technologist diploma or Professional technologist equivalency designation within one of the following fields:
- Computer Science
- Network Security
The educational program must be from an accredited learning institution recognized in Canada.
If you completed a program outside of Canada you will be required to obtain proof of a Canadian equivalency at your expense through a recognized credential assessment service.
Note: Any higher level of education could be recognized as experience.
Undergraduate degree and one (1) year of relevant experience
- Underfill – no experience requirement.
Technologist diploma or Professional technologist equivalency designation and two (2) years of relevant experience
- Underfill – no experience requirement.
Underfill: Candidates who do not meet the required years of relevant experience will be considered as an underfill. All underfills will be required to meet the requirements noted below through achieving specific experience and objectives set in their training plan in order to subsequently be appointed to the full working level.
Candidates must possess experience in one or more of the following areas of expertise:
- Collaboration Tools Analyst: Sharepoint and or Microsoft Exchange
- Desktop Support Specialist: Advanced knowledge of Windows 11, Server 2012+, with Domain Role/Service Management
- Network Operations Centre Analyst: the monitoring, support and management of computing and telecommunication networks including their security. Certifications in Cisco Certified Network Admin (CCNA), Microsoft Certified Systems Admin (MCSE) and ITIL Foundation certification are considered assets.
- Access Management Analyst: Active Directory, M365, MDMs & MFA Solutions, processes and best practices for the administration of group membership, permissions and policies relating to network, file, print and application provisioning.
- Change / Release Management Analyst: IT infrastructure components (networks, systems, applications, and storage), ITIL (certification an asset), IT Change Management / Coordination and/or Release Management / Coordination toolset(s) or technologies.
- Configuration Management Analyst: IT infrastructure components (networks, systems, applications, and storage); ITIL (certification an asset), good knowledge of relational databases and SQL language, experience in configuration management and with configuration management toolset(s) or technologies.
- Network / Communications Specialist: Fortigate, Cisco, Juniper, Palo Alto (CCNA, MCITP, CCNP), TCIP, IPSec, SNMP, OSPF, VoIP systems. Enterprise Switching (Aruba, Cisco, Juniper, etc)
- Telephony Communications Specialist: Telephony Management Solutions - Avaya, 3CX, FreeSwitch, Asterix, SIP and H.323, LINUX operating system, Routing, VLAN’s, Tandberg video conferencing systems, etc.).
- Server & Storage Specialist: Network based storage infrastructure, LAN/SAN storage devices, HP 3Par or similar Enterprise Storage Management, Fiber Channel networking, ISCSI.
- Client Liaison Officers: IT help desk, JIRA, ITIL knowledge.
- Problem Management Analyst: Infrastructure components (networks, systems, applications, storage); ITIL framework and the ITIL problem management process; ITIL knowledge.
- Quality Assurance Analyst: IT infrastructure components (networks, systems, applications, and storage), functional, quality and/or load testing, function and quality toolset(s), technologies and/or methodologies.
- Enterprise Management Tools Analyst: IT infrastructure components (networks, systems, applications and storage), ITIL (certification an asset), IT enterprise tool administration and configuration, IT service management and/or tools / technologies and scripting languages (e.g., Shell scripting, VB scripting, etc.).
- IT Security Analyst: IT infrastructure components (networks, systems, applications, and storage), IT security principles and related methodologies, IT security technologies.
- Adaptability / Flexibility
- Interpersonal Skills
- Organizational Skills / Multitasking
- Problem Solving
- Analytical Skills
** Please keep in mind this position will be for local residents of Ottawa, ON and or Gatineau, QC **
Like dogs (we have on average about 3 dogs in the office at all times)
Working in an office environment
Going on-site to deploy and fix IT related systems