We are a leading financial services provider committed to making decisions easier and lives better for our customers and colleagues around the world. From our environmental initiatives to our community investments, we lead with values throughout our business. To help us stand out, we help you step up, because when colleagues are healthy, respected and meaningfully challenged, we all thrive. Discover how you can grow your career, make impact and drive real change with our Winning Team today.
We are on a path to become a customer centered digital leader. We are seeking a lead and motivated person who can deliver on our strategic priorities, passionate about customers, and are happy to see the successful implementation of the projects/products they deliver
Responsibilities / Individual Accountabilities:
- Leads and coordinates business and technical projects through all phases of initiation, development and implementation and closure using SDLC and/or Agile methodology
- Ensure that all projects are delivered timely, within scope and within budget while meeting business objectives
- Perform risk management to control and minimize project risks
- Leads the project resources and ensure effective communication between the team, third parties/vendors, sponsors, and management
- Build and maintain comprehensive project documentation (Project Plan, Issue and Action Logs, Risk Management, Communication Plan, Status Reports, Post Implementation Review etc.)
How will you create an impact?
Reporting to the IT Portfolio Director within Group Functions Technology, the IT Project Manager will work closely with our HR partners to implement HR technology solutions that support Manulife’s vision and strategic priorities.
What motivates you?
- You obsess about customers, listen, engage and act for their benefit.
- You think big, with curiosity to discover ways to use your agile approach and enable business outcomes.
- You thrive in teams and enjoy getting things done together.
- You take ownership and build solutions, focusing on what matters.
- You do what is right, work with integrity and speak up.
You share your humanity, helping us build a diverse and inclusive work environment for everyone.
What we are looking for
- Over 5 years dynamic experience in project management, preferably in technical related projects associated with the HR and Employee Experience domain
- PMP and/or CSM designation is required
- Excellent written and verbal presentation skills, and able to communicate and interact efficiently with all levels of the organization
- Exceptional problem solving, analytical and critical thinking skills, with the ability to identify and address project risks and handle complex situations to lead to a positive outcome
Experience with Atlassian products (Jira, Confluence, etc.) a plus
What can we offer you?
- A competitive salary and benefits packages.
- A growth trajectory that extends upward and outward, encouraging you to follow your passions and learn new skills.
- A focus on growing your career path with us.
- Flexible work policies and strong work-life balance.
Professional development and leadership opportunities.
Our commitment to you
- Values-first culture
We lead with our Values every day and bring them to life together.
- Boundless opportunity
We create opportunities to learn and grow at every stage of your career.
- Continuous innovation
We invite you to help redefine the future of financial services.
- Delivering the promise of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
We foster an inclusive workplace where everyone thrives.
- Championing Corporate Citizenship
We build a business that benefits all stakeholders and has a positive social and environmental impact.
About Manulife and John Hancock
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people make their decisions easier and lives better. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we operate as Manulife across our offices in Asia, Canada, and Europe, and primarily as John Hancock in the United States. We provide financial advice, insurance, and wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2022, we had more than 40,000 employees, over 116,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving over 34 million customers. At the end of 2022, we had $1.3 trillion (US$1.0 trillion) in assets under management and administration, including total invested assets of $0.4 trillion (US $0.3 trillion), and segregated funds net assets of $0.3 trillion (US$0.3 trillion). We trade as ‘MFC’ on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges, and under ‘945’ in Hong Kong.
Manulife is an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Manulife /John Hancock , we embrace our diversity. We strive to attract, develop and retain a workforce that is as diverse as the customers we serve and to foster an inclusive work environment that embraces the strength of cultures and individuals. We are committed to fair recruitment, retention, advancement and compensation, and we administer all of our practices and programs without discrimination on the basis of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour , ethnic origin, citizenship, religion or religious beliefs, creed, sex (including pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions), sexual orientation, genetic characteristics, veteran status, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, family status, disability, or any other ground protected by applicable law.
It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will work with applicants who request a reasonable accommodation during the application process . All information shared during the accommodation request process will be stored and used in a manner that is consistent with applicable laws and Manulife/John Hancock policies . To request a reasonable accommodation in the application process, contact [email protected] .
The annual base salary for this role is listed below.
Salary range is expected to be between
$72,450.00 CAD - $134,550.00 CAD
If you are applying for this role outside of the primary location, please contact [email protected] for the salary range for your location. The actual salary will vary depending on local market conditions, geography and relevant job-related factors such as knowledge, skills, qualifications, experience, and education/training. Employees also have the opportunity to participate in incentive programs and earn incentive compensation tied to business and individual performance.
Manulife offers eligible employees a wide array of customizable benefits, including health, dental, mental health, vision, short- and long-term disability, life and AD&D insurance coverage, adoption/surrogacy and wellness benefits, and employee/family assistance plans. We also offer eligible employees various retirement savings plans (including pension and a global share ownership plan with employer matching contributions) and financial education and counseling resources. Our generous paid time off program in Canada includes holidays, vacation, personal, and sick days, and we offer the full range of statutory leaves of absence. If you are applying for this role in the U.S., please contact [email protected] for more information about U.S.-specific paid time off provisions.