Digital & Direct Marketing Specialist
What we do
At BC Children’s Hospital Foundation, we’re on a quest to ensure every kid in the province receives the best health care imaginable. As a fundraising organization, we inspire communities and people to support BC Children’s Hospital, along with its world-class research institute, mental health facility and rehabilitation center.
Our work makes a profound difference. From helping get the boldest research ideas off the ground to supporting the most advanced equipment, together we are pushing the boundaries of what’s possible in children’s health care. This is no small task—which is why we’re looking for passionate people to join our team and help propel our work forward to power the possible.
What you’ll do
It’s an exciting time to join our growing Brand Strategy team! Not only have we recently embarked on a bold new strategic plan, we are also striving to unleash our story in new and innovative ways using our new brand platform – Small is Mighty.
We are seeking an experienced and highly motivated Digital & Direct Marketing Specialist to support the execution of digital and direct marketing strategies that build loyalty and strengthen the brand of BC Children’s Hospital Foundation. In this role, you will be instrumental in delivering key marketing initiatives for the Foundation that will support its fundraising goals.
Reporting to the Director, Digital & Direct Marketing, the Digital and Direct Marketing Specialist will play a key role in the transformative growth of our foundation. Specifically, we are looking to increase donor loyalty through innovative retention strategies delivered through our Digital and Direct Response marketing channels.
More specifically, you will focus on:
Donor Experience & Retention:
- Partner with the Marketing and Communications team to develop key messaging points and direct response creative across mediums.
- Develop and manage marketing campaigns aimed at improving donor retention across multiple channels (email, direct mail, digital advertising, website)
- Continuously improve our monthly donor program by making it a unique and valuable experience for loyal BC Children’s Hospital Foundation donors
- Implement journeys that build the donor’s understanding of our work and inspire them to remain loyal and increase their value.
- Collaborate with agencies and internal partners to design, execute, and manage integrated marketing campaigns across multiple channels including website, digital advertising, email, direct mail, tele fundraising, and door to door.
- Build and optimize multi-channel donor-centric journeys across key donor segments utilizing Salesforce Marketing Cloud and other solutions.
- Constantly look for new ways to improve overall programs through new technology, tools, partners, trends, and best practices.
Data & Analytics
- Design dashboards that measure, report, & forecast marketing performance in real-time.
- Own, analyze and communicate results including key performance metrics on a consistent and recurring basis.
- Utilize A/B testing to fine-tune performance across our digital and direct tactics and maintain a learning playbook to track experiment results.
What you bring
As our ideal candidate, you will, first and foremost, be a highly motivated self-starter with a strong passion for building consumer loyalty and increasing lifetime value. You enjoy uncovering opportunities through digital and a keenness for data and technology that allows you to see the big picture it plays in the consumer/donor lifecycle. You will also bring excellent organizational skills and the ability to schedule and balance your workload in a very busy, dynamic environment. Your strategic, inquiring mind will have the opportunity to work with a great team to continue to push our thinking and advance our work.
In addition to the above qualifications, you will bring:
- A post-secondary degree or diploma in a related field (e.g., business, marketing, or communications).
- 5+ years’ experience in digital and direct marketing in a high-growth environment.
- Strong knowledge of email regulations, best practices, and compliance.
- Excellent writing skills, with experience in email and landing page copy and conversion optimization.
- The ability to effectively prioritize workload and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Experience building or implementing effective loyalty strategies that increase retention.
- Hands-on experience with marketing automations solutions such as Salesforce Marketing Cloud, HubSpot, or Marketo is an asset.
- Demonstrated understanding of web analytics platforms (Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager) and how to track and optimize campaign performance through their insights.
- Experience and passion for A/B testing and experimentation.
- Strong interpersonal skills and comfort working with diverse internal and external partners.
- The ability to think critically and act strategically, be resourceful and independent, while remaining comfortable working within the framework of a collaborative, team-oriented environment.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- A natural affinity for our values to Think Big, Lead with Heart and Step Up.
What you can expect
This position is based in our office located in Vancouver, BC. As part of enabling the kind of culture and values that power the possible, we’re committed to creating a flexible workplace experience. We provide a fully hybrid work environment that allows individuals and teams to split their time between working remotely from home and in-office. It’s a partnership grounded in trust, where working together, team leaders and members determine what activities require on-site presence and schedule time and commitments appropriately.
As an organization who advocates for child health, we have implemented a mandatory vaccination policy requiring that all employees who work for BCCHF must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Reasonable accommodations will be made upon request should there be a need for an exemption based on the BC Human Rights Code protected grounds; these will be reviewed and discussed on a case-by-case basis.
We exist to power the possible, and that permeates every action we take. As a team, we push ourselves to: think big in how we boldly envision the future, lead with heart in how we listen and engage with others and step up in how we are accountable to ourselves, each other and our shared cause.
While we take our work seriously, we’re also big on taking care of our team. We offer perks like a nine-day fortnight schedule and remote work options, topnotch health and dental benefits and a commitment to professional development.
We think it’s a pretty amazing place. Others agree—we’re proud to say that we’ve been recognized as one of BC’s Top Employers for 14 years in a row.
BCCHF invites and encourages all qualified individuals to apply. As an organization we are committed to fostering an inclusive workplace that reflects the diversity of the communities we serve and support. We welcome individuals whose experiences may further contribute to the rich diversification of skills, knowledge and backgrounds at the Foundation.
Want to make a big impact on the health of BC’s kids? Join us and help make kids mighty. Apply online by September 27, 2023 at https://www.bcchf.ca/join-team