CWD designs, markets & sells the highest performing consumer electronics that are smart, simple, and stylish. From high fidelity turntables to wireless video connectivity systems, we create innovative products that empower people. Our success is measured in our customer satisfaction ratings and dedicated following. We have been in business since 1961 and our creations can be found in millions of homes. Together in teams, as a company, as a community, we are committed to Creating What’s Different!
CWD is looking for a Junior Graphic Designer to join our exceptionally talented and collaborative team for a fixed term of 1-Year! Reporting to the Graphic Designer at our Niagara Falls location, the successful candidate will be responsible for assisting the Graphic Designer in the design and creation of engaging visual content that captures and promotes our four brands. You will need experience in visual design and a jack-of-all trades design toolbelt.
If you are someone that likes a challenge and are continuously striving for excellence, then this is the perfect opportunity for you!
What We Offer:
- Team events
- 50% off on CWD brands
- Perform Associated Launch tasks such as: o Export images & videos for various sizes & destinations including brand sites, marketplaces, etc. for various SKUs
- Packaging – create artwork files in Adobe Illustrator o Edit and create product manuals and quick start guides in Adobe InDesign o Edit product images and lifestyle imagery with Adobe Photoshop
- Edit and create web banners within our Magento 1 platform
- Work within established brand guidelines to maintain consistency in design
- Perform illustration and warranty text revisions
- Create and edit posters, plaques, headshots, holiday cards and business cards
- Update documents in Smartsheet’s including the Design Team Agenda and task progress shared with other departments
- Prioritize tasks in our software program (Asana)
- Update quotes and vendor communication
- Undertake related duties as assigned to achieve company objectives and goals
- 1-2 years of experience in Graphic Design
- Strong Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop Experience
- Highly motivated self-starter, can work with little to no supervision
- Direct experience working with consumer products and web design
- Strong understanding of design theory (color, composition & typography) and user experience principles
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Detail oriented problem solver
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced ever-changing environment
You Will Stand Out If:
- You have Product Imagery experience
- You have experience working in an e-commerce environment
- Must provide a portfolio of relevant work for review
This is a full-time 1-year fixed term contract role working 40 hours a week on-site. Our hours of operation are 8:15am to 5:00pm Monday to Friday.
If the above interests you, then apply to join our fast paced, creative, and energetic team!
Job Types: Full-time, Fixed term contract
Contract length: 12 months
- Casual dress
- Company events
- On-site parking
- Store discount
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Niagara Falls, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Please provide a portfolio of your work.
- Graphic design: 2 years (preferred)
Work Location: In person