Marketing & Communications Coordinator
Are you looking for a perfect work-life balance? Are you passionate about environment? Are you a creative collaborator?
If yes, you are looking at the right job post!!
Happy Stan’s Recycling is looking for a Marketing & Communications Coordinator at our Port Coquitlam location. This is a part-time hybrid position with flexible hours (up to 24 hours per week).
About the position
We are looking for a motivated, and well-organized Marketing & Communications Coordinator for Happy Stans Recycling. This role is responsible for ensuring that our brand(s) and messaging are consistent, compelling, & engaging across all touchpoints. You will be responsible for coordinating all aspects of our marketing to increase brand awareness, while contributing to our growth by driving qualified website traffic and generating leads for the sales team.
As our marketing coordinator you will work closely with our President and our CMO-On-Call to develop and execute quarterly action plans that reinforce our brand messaging. You will also collaborate with our People & Culture team to support internal marketing & culture efforts such as team events, employee training, & recognition programs.
The ideal candidate is passionate about the environment, and committed to sustainable business practices. You are a digital savvy marketer, with strong writing and communications skills, and a good eye for details. You are comfortable learning and using marketing technology. You enjoy variety in your day and are comfortable managing multiple projects simultaneously, working with our team of freelance specialists and agency partners. You are driven by results and displays a desire to exceed quality standards.
Work Hours: 24 hours per week (hours may vary depending on project needs)
Work Schedule: Monday to Friday (availability between 09:00am to 03:00pm)
Pay Rate: $3,250 per month
Location: Port Coquitlam/ Hybrid Remote - (option to perform the majority of work from home)
Estimated Start Date: November 1, 2023 or earliest thereafter
We are an equal-opportunity employer and embrace diversity. All qualified applicants, regardless of race, national/ethnic origin, colour, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law, are strongly encouraged to apply. We provide an inclusive environment to our diverse workforce and are committed to treating all employees equally.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Monitor the marketing budget & calendar.
- Coordinate all marketing activities, working with our copywriter, graphic designer, and our agency partners.
- Lead our content marketing efforts, including blog posts. white papers, and email marketing initiatives.
- Manage our social media channels, including content distribution and community engagement.
- Maintain our inventory of uniforms, signage (both internal & onsite), & other branded physical items.
- Work directly with the president to secure PR opportunities for our brand(s), including speaking engagements & sponsorships, providing administrative assistance and support for the president as needed.
- Assist with development & formatting of presentation slides.
- Act as a liaison between our company and our sponsorship partners.
- Delivery regular reports on the results of marketing activities.
- Coordination of other marketing activities and projects as needed.
Skills and Requirements
Strong marketing technology skills, including familiarity with CRM platforms, email marketing tools, and basic design platforms.
- Interested in expanding your marketing technology skills, including use of generative AI within the marketing function.
- Post-secondary degree in business/marketing preferred.
- Experience coordinating digital marketing campaigns.
- Public speaking skills an asset but not required.
Citizenship | Leadership | Environment | Empowerment | Responsibility
- Adherence to laws and confidentiality guidelines
- Independent, accountable, honest, and reliable
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- College or university degree or related certificate/diploma preferred (Marketing, Communication, Business Admin)
- Competent with technology and a fast learner of new software systems
- Aligns with our CLEER core values
- Competitive wage
- Flexible hours
- Remote work
- Extended health benefits plan (50% covered by HSR Services)
- Being part of a growing company that puts people and the environment first!
NOTE: Please send a PDF of your resume, as well as a cover letter that tells us why you would be ideal of this job to [application email]. In your cover letter, please be sure to include links to at least two samples of your writing, and where appropriate, links to campaigns you were part of it. Please include the phrase “purple monkeys” somewhere in your letter.
While we appreciate all the work that goes into submitting a resume and cover letter, due to the high volume of applications, only applicants who have been shortlisted will receive further communications.