STORMTECH is a Vancouver based company making a wide variety of performance, technical apparel, bags and accessories for companies in over 30 countries. Quality and design have remained at the forefront of the company’s mission, which is to be driven by careful thought, passionate design and technical excellence. We create exceptional apparel that elevates the experience of the wearer. Attuned to the needs of our customers and through long-term meaningful partnerships, we deliver an authentic customer-centric solution.
The ideal candidate is responsible for assisting in forecast and demand planning and managing inventories. The successful candidate must have an in-depth knowledge of the supply chain operations with specifically in the forecast/demand and inventory management functions and must be experienced in analyzing sales and historical data, identifying trends, and possessing excellent mathematical skills needed to perform the daily functions of the department.
NATURE AND SCOPE
The Forecast and Demand Planning Coordinator will be accountable for the coordination of planned purchased orders ensuring that they are placed on a timely manner. The successful candidate will also be responsible for monitoring inventory levels, expediting orders to avoid back orders and minimizing air shipments.
- Efficiently manage and maintain inventory levels by region (i.e., Canada West, Canada East, International, U.S., U.K., and Europe) through proper analysis of sales history and statistics, identifying trends factoring in lead times and MOQ to align with the company’s goal.
- Calculate size breakdowns of forecasted planned purchases based on sales history and refine them accordingly to accommodate the extreme sizes and be in-line with sales of similar styles.
- Coordinate with Production team for timely order placements to ensure that products arrive at the appropriate time.
- Establish optimal stock replenishment levels to ensure alignment with purchasing budget.
- Work with Production team for resolutions of any production issues that may delay delivery that can have negative impact on inventory, planning or sales.
- Maintain a high level of communication with the Sales, Marketing, QC team and other departments for any inventory related issues or queries.
- Review reports and monitor inventory to identify SKUs that may potentially be out of stock based on sales history and forecasts and coordinate with Production team to expedite urgently needed products and request air shipments if necessary.
- Identify, analyze, and report on distressed, slow-moving inventory for management attention.
- Keep and manage data records for future references and in anticipation of reports creation upon request such as inventory, sales, forecast or any other reports/data related to the department’s function.
- Track and monitor sales performance of New Styles and bring up styles that are selling very well or moving faster than anticipated to superiors.
- Assist in refining methods to continually improve forecasts to meet customers demand and maintain desired inventory levels.
- Assist Manager with special projects, SOP, KPI’s as requested by top management.
- Other duties as directed by Management.
REQUIREMENTS FOR SUCCESS
- An education/training related to forecast/demand or inventory management or relevant experience in the field is an asset.
- Excellent communication skills - both written and verbal in English.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Strong mathematical skill is a must – forecasting, color and size breakdown calculations.
- Ability to work well independently and yet a good team player.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Acquire excellent organizational, administrative, and time management skills.
- Detail oriented and accurate.
- Ability to foster effective working relationships with peers, management and clients.
- Ability to multitask and deal with a variety of pressures in a fast pace environment.
HOW TO APPLY?
Are you interested? We welcome all interested candidates to apply!
We thank all applicants for their interest in Stormtech Performance Apparel, only qualified applicants will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Store discount
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- Forecasting & Demand Plannnig: 2 years (required)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Burnaby, BC V5C 4E2